LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Gave up the stand for the blind, it's just too nice out not too. Have two geese and two green head mallards just to my left, trying to call them in. But I can't lie I also have the slug gun with me since there's been swamp buck sightings lately. Have fun all good luck.

post-3921-0-50811200-1448655123_thumb.jp

That's the bad mayo on your turkey sammich making you hallucinate . If any of them sound like Jerry Garcia your F'd.

. I'd rather it be the bad mayo because if it's not it means I have trespassers again . I wonder if they are coming to see i put a new cam out since they stole the last one....... If I see them by that tree I will be flying out of my stand
  • Like 1

Gave up the stand for the blind, it's just too nice out not too. Have two geese and two green head mallards just to my left, trying to call them in. But I can't lie I also have the slug gun with me since there's been swamp buck sightings lately. Have fun all good luck.

adc36134f13fb554070356654f7d359a.jpgthats what I did today too but had zero luck

Been kind of a tough year for me so far until today! Seen a few nice bucks during bow but couldn't get a shot. Got a nice fat doe with crossbow for the freezer, but no buck.

Since the start of gun it has been real slow on both of the properties. Saw a few doe and couple small bucks in my area of 4-H, after hunting hard every day. Decided early this morning to go to a spot on the farm property, where I had seen a nice buck during bow season. It's a very thick brushy ridge overlooking a swamp. A natural ground blind near the top. Wind was in my face and above 60 degrees. About 1:30, I see movement below me but it's so thick, I cant make out what it is. Soon I see it's a decent buck! After what seemed a long time, he makes his way to within 20 yards, and a high shoulder shot from my new 7mm-08 with Nosler BT, ends the hunt with my first rifle kill.

Not the biggest buck on the property, but I'm super happy with him. Dressed 189lbs.

post-5587-0-53333100-1448676148_thumb.jp

post-5587-0-24083900-1448676622_thumb.jp

• Like 25

Been kind of a tough year for me so far until today! Seen a few nice bucks during bow but couldn't get a shot. Got a nice fat doe with crossbow for the freezer, but no buck.

Since the start of gun it has been real slow on both of the properties. Saw a few doe and couple small bucks in my area of 4-H, after hunting hard every day. Decided early this morning to go to a spot on the farm property, where I had seen a nice buck during bow season. It's a very thick brushy ridge overlooking a swamp. A natural ground blind near the top. Wind was in my face and above 60 degrees. About 1:30, I see movement below me but it's so thick, I cant make out what it is. Soon I see it's a decent buck! After what seemed a long time, he makes his way to within 20 yards, and a high shoulder shot from my new 7mm-08 with Nosler BT, ends the hunt with my first rifle kill.

Not the biggest buck on the property, but I'm super happy with him. Dressed 189lbs.

Nice job on the deer AND the pics!!!!

• Like 2