LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

So yet again should have gone with the plan that kept popping into my head,instead of the one I planned....head out and I hear deer..great, ahead of me and where I was going,plus pretty darn bright out for 5:50...Continue on at a snails pace and decide to hit a closer stand...Get up and all set when I see the truck roll into the camp next door and across the street...Knew I should have hunted behind the house...Legal shooting and I know he pushed those deer on to us...Then the new neighbor, next to him, has 2 cars show up...our land borders both their back lines over there. Zero deer seen. 9am I decide to replace cam cards and pull some...I'm walking along the hedgerow and out pops a red fox zipping by at 10 feet...I yelled boo at him and watched as he got 60yrds away and stoppd to look back...when I heard steps...I got ready not knowing what was coming and close ...When the neighbors stinking husky pops out of the brush. This is the one I've turned in, to no avail..have pics of it crapping infront of my cams ...talked to the owner 4 times...and he is 15ft broadside on my land chasing animals. I shoulder the 20ga and swung out to the side of him a good 20 ft and shot into the ground.....To say that took a whole lot of restraint on my part is an understatement!! Pretty sure that put a scare into him as he tucked tail and ran for the road...Gee.... wonder why I see no deer in the morning/afternoons...So I have shot my gun 1 time this season..it made a pretty big crater on the food plot.

I hadnt seen a deer all gun season so this am i decided to scrap stand hunting and hunt out of the cabin back in the woods. Lit the wood stove to warm it up. Almost paid off with a decent looking 8pt, but couldnt get a clear shot, as he hugged the top side of the food plot thats in progress (downed trees and brush). Trying back yard 2night

• Like 1

Haven't seen a deer in 5 days! Tomorrow might be my last day hunting for the season so hopefully I can get something done. Deer drive and still hunting today and nobody seen a hair.... 9m is pretty slow. Even the state landers were quiet today maybe heard 3 shots all day.