LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Stayed in this morning .

The fog is still like soup. Going out around 1.

I relate to you guys missing your dads.

My pops been gone since 2002.

Sure do miss him. It's like a right

arm missing.

We did everything together.

Ran a business, hunted, and went

all over the place trapshooting.

Good luck everybody

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I got tears in my eyes reading this...my dad can't hunt anymore either. I was able to take the 8 pt I got opening day to his house and show him. I never got a buck when we were able to hunt together. I am sure he is still rooting for you. Good luck

Am able to still hunt with my Dad and enjoy every minute of it...he was able to take a nice doe yesterday morning and it and it made for an awesome day...can't wait to share the same memories with my son.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I took the deer "parts" out to dispose of and took a walk pulling all cards.....at this point I'm going to have a good year next year too.....One I do not know just how big ..other than body for most all points broken off but his one G2 left looks to be 9-10 " long...One large 3pt has a beam length and width wider than the 8pt I just shot...and a few other blurs..All during shooting hours...lol...and under different stands.

• Like 1

Tough weekend, no deer seen except for at home, in the yard, after dark.... I had to quit a bit early today for family obligations. There is a ton of deer sign on one of the properties I hunt, but we don't have the "right time, right place" part down yet it seems. I hunt with either 2 or 3 other people and we have doe tags (it's a miracle for 9X) but none of us have had a safe/ethical shot yet. Still, I love being out in the woods and I am teaching my younger brother how to hunt for the first time so that's exciting. I'd love for him to get a shot at a deer.
Had a red squirrel come up and almost sit in my brother's lap yesterday, it wanted the apple core from the apple he had as a snack. It sure was entertaining.

• Like 1