LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Breeding is resurfacing once again here. Bucks on the move.  Antlerless muzzleloader season only. Nocturnal doe, which is normal for this time of year. Only option is to shoot buck fawns, which we refuse to do. Now how is this antlerless only plan working out for you, New York DEC.?

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 2

3rd deer for the freezer. 11-12 came flying out of the dark pines down in front of me. Tails were down and hauling azz. They ran right under my stand. Don't even know if there was a buck or bucks in the mix. Picked out biggest body and bleated verbally , they locked up and shot her from 10 yards. It ain't easy picking something up in a scope that fast. Good thing I was only on 3x and not 9. Took out top of heart and I believe both lungs. 2 hours later of dragging I had her to my car. This was at 1:30. Still one either sex tag left for Monday and or Tuesday. Come on snow in 9H

post-4567-0-06963400-1450391907_thumb.jp

• Like 15

Outback ? I did that with mine years back. Fold the seats , tie the legs up ad you can do it. Getting them on the roof by yourself not so easy. I now have new model and it's higher. Got trailer hitch installed at uhaul /$220 versus $580 at dealer for same thing. Deer carrier is the cats meow. Flip deer on it , couple of ratchet straps and off you go. Good luck to you today

• Like 1

Getting ready to walk in for my last sit in Penn Yan. Doe and fawn in field as I pulled in. Made room in the Subaru for my stand and blind. Pretty sure I could fit a deer in here too. Hoping to have to prove it.

Good luck. My brother and I are heading down there tomorrow for the day. Hoping to get one more for the freezer!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

37 here this morning

Thought I would give the far stand out back its last sit if the year

Really just hope to get lucky since activity here has been nonexistent. The spots I can get in before work are sit only spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk