LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

3N - I'm not hunting, but my dad saw 4 this morning at 715am; 2 doe, 2 fawns.....no bucks yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dad texted me again. 930am he had a broken up 6 pt we have pictures of walk by at 45 yards. My Dad is comfortable out to 40 max, so he didn't shoot. My dad was sitting 20 yards to the right of where I typically sit, so if he was sitting in my spot, or if I was hunting today it would have been 25 yards! just my luck.

Shore lunch without the shore. Buddy made chili with elk , pork , venison and 4 types of beans. Back up we go. Booted a tail on the way out from a blown down apple tree. Wiiiiindy

Lovin the Lodge dutch oven! I don't have one, but I have a lot of their cast iron. Great pic.

Went out this AM... Not one deer.

Its been a tough slow season for me this year. Best year i have ever had for shooter bucks. 9 total shooters on 3 dif properties but worst year for seeing them in daylight. I had my chances at a few in daylight but chose the wrong set on those days according to my TC. thats hunting tho

Long Island here I come this week!

• Like 2

9h. 47 degrees 7 mph South wind and raining hard. Freezer is full but today is more or less about being out here for the last day. Figure I'll hunt to 11 or so and then some power cleaning at home for Christmas. Don't want mama coming down on me lol. Enjoy the last day to whoever is heading out. Don't forget your camo umbrellas today. It's going to be a soaker.

I'm going to have to get out of this truck soon

Lol as I sit here reading that I'm thinking same thing....wish I had brought quad but didn't want to tear up owners path so I'll hoof it today and hopefully do a Lil dragging....2 stands way back with roofs for me and buddy but lot of good paths to walk back so gonna wait till sun up to start in at least style dry for and Lil bit....radar looks better round 10 here

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1