LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

I use Trojan Magnums over bore of ML barrel. I have no use for them otherwise Actually put piece of electrical tape over bore yesterday and today. Going to wipe down gun with oil now and pull breech plug to unload. Feed it into safe and await next year.

. I enjoy the honesty most guys won't admit to having a small prick

after two seasons of tag soup and an empty freezer I finally connected the other night. Just a scrub buck but I was glad to break the curse. 

No such thing as "just" a scrub buck. Be thankful for, & proud of him, you worked hard for it! Nice job!

• Like 8

you have no choice but to hunt, you're stuck there for a few weeks until the river level falls

it's a lot higher this morning Sleeping in treestand wasn't as bad as I thought. Coyotes kept me up for awhile though. I can't find any pizzeria that has delivery people with waders. Oh well , I hope work understands I'm going to be here a few days.

post-4567-0-51169000-1450879636_thumb.jp

Edited by turkeyfeathers

No such thing as "just" a scrub buck. Be thankful for, & proud of him, you worked hard for it! Nice job!

Don't get me wrong …I am very thankful and I was just as happy to stand over him as I was, when I stood over much bigger bucks...

Edited by ants
  • Like 2

Don't get me wrong …I am very thankful and I was just as happy to stand over him as I was, when I stood over much bigger bucks...

I know what you meant Ants! Just didn't want you feeling like you had to justify your buck to any one else. I know You're an appreciative kind of guy. Again, congrats.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!!! I really enjoyed this thread this year and even though I don't know a single person on this forum personally....I enjoy reading and hearing from each and everyone of you......Good luck to those of you that can still hunt on the island.....

• Like 3

Looks like he went for a swim!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pouring rain and I had to drag him, by his hind legs, a good 50yards through thick nasty swampy crap, just to get him to an opening where I could turn him around and get the ATV near him. It took over a half hour… Short but miserable drag. I looked worse than the deer.

• Like 2