LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Am i the only person that hunts in spots where the deer never come and go in the same direction? Man hunting would be so much easier if i knew which way they would be going during the morning and afternoon.

nope. I have very few spots where I know which way they're traveling. That's why I don't "hunt the wind", I don't know what's good and what's bad. I wish I had places with well defined food sources and bedding areas
  • Like 2

Not sure why seeing 4 bucks and shooting a doe you would want your luck to change!! I would say that ain't to bad o luck!

Because I'm one of those Long Island trophy hunters, that never shoots does!!!

Just kidding, didn't mean to come off that way. Very grateful for the kill, it just seems I have an uncanny ability to pick the wrong stand or set up by 20-30 yards.

Here she lays.

8c75437a98512c50fda18e94dfcb856c.jpg

• Like 3

Storm blew in a while ago and the lights went out, literally. I had 4 doe pass by at 15 yards, coming from a crossing area over a small creek. I know this spot is used by the Big 10 , hence my stand position. It is where I got the cam pics a couple of nights ago. I was hoping he would come sniffing after the doe a few minutes after they passed by, but someone hit the light switch and I had to make a hasty retreat home as the winds started to gale. 

Anyway, that was doe sighted both morning and evening from the same stand.  It can only be a matter of time before a buck decides to check out the ladies. They are coming in for a night time acorn snack.

Am i the only person that hunts in spots where the deer never come and go in the same direction? Man hunting would be so much easier if i knew which way they would be going during the morning and afternoon.

I think we all have stands where the deer come from the wrong side of it, I know I do.

However most of my stands are just 20 to 30 yards in, in thicker areas and the deer tend to walk parallel to the field. I have one inside corner where in the afternoon they come from the South enter the woods East of me then turn and head west through the woods,it's pretty regular . In the morning they move there from West to East but also East to West and sometimes South to North......

I think we all have stands where the deer come from the wrong side of it, I know I do.

However most of my stands are just 20 to 30 yards in, in thicker areas and the deer tend to walk parallel to the field. I have one inside corner where in the afternoon they come from the South enter the woods East of me then turn and head west through the woods,it's pretty regular . In the morning they move there from West to East but also East to West and sometimes South to North......

The place i hunt in cuba has a really nice funnel at the bottom of the hill , the problem is they never go up and down the hill consistently,  sometimes the morning will have them going up and sometimes they come down the hill. One thing i can be sure of is during the rut phase is that the bucks will travel perpendicular to the travel of the does.

At my spot and getting ready to head in.rain has stopped but I packed my tree umbrella just in case.lunch packed gonna pull my first all day hunt.it's getting to be that time..good luck everyone and knock down some freak nasty or swamp donkeys..Lol

Edited by jr8_jr8

Got a late start this morning and have been in my blind about 15 min. Heard the rain on the roof this morning and snoozed like 15 times.

We did the same thing. We've been in stand for only 20 minutes now. Still a lil windy though.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Im in my doe stand that's close to home ice never done a morning hunt here before its a residential neighborhood and I don't want to wake anyone up. But this morning I decided to walk down the thruway and slip into my spot let's see if it pays off

Good luck every one