LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Buddy went,out this AM, monster 10 bedded in golden rod 30 yards from where he walked through it, he ( the buck) had a doe with him.

After a couple hours of watching them my buddy grunted to see what would happen , well two more bucks popped up and came into him. After which the big one came in but not in range.

• Like 3

The last two days I have had someone running a 4 wheeler along our back line( good for me)...thought it was their kid the other night but at 6am in the dark today I heard it roll in and stop....So I just went out to check back line with some new posted signs...these are metal with my cell # on them...both corner post signs were missing and the one on a line stand(my side) I have(owners agreement) to play the wind. So those replaced, I checked for rubs... found a cluster of them near a stand I haven't used in a year or 2...I checked the ladder and then cleared the limbs,leafs and raccoon crap of the deck I always liked that stand as a rut stand looks like I will be hitting it next week....going out this afternoon hoping rain stops and winds calm...

• Like 1

Going to be my longest sit of the year so far, got on stand 20 min ago and I'm going to sit till dark, this stand is on the edge between mature pines and a swamp of sorts very moist ground with laurel some pine And lots of small trees, has s stream flowing out the back end but nothing really flows in

• Like 2

Just had the living crap scared outta me. I don't often sit till pitch dark but I got close tonight.6:55 pm hit and I was pretty much packed and ready to jump down. About 30 or 40 yards off, a pack of coyotes erupts and fills the woods with their howls and yelps. The sounds came from everywhere along a 100 yard stretch on one side of me. Must have been at least 6 or 8 animals.Maybe more. This was my closest encounter with more than one yote. I debated on whether to hang out for 10 minutes and see if they passed, but instead opted to jump outta the tree and make a breathless dash for home.

Anyway...I made it. Pretty freaky experience.

Oh...and no deer moving tonight.

Edited by Papist
  • Like 1

Just had the living crap scared outta me. I don't often sit till pitch dark but I got close tonight.6:55 pm hit and I was pretty much packed and ready to jump down. About 30 or 40 yards off, a pack of coyotes erupts and fills the woods with their howls and yelps. The sounds came from everywhere along a 100 yard stretch on one side of me. Must have been at least 6 or 8 animals.Maybe more. This was my closest encounter with more than one yote. I debated on whether to hang out for 10 minutes and see if they passed, but instead opted to jump outta the tree and make a breathless dash for home.

Anyway...I made it. Pretty freaky experience.

Oh...and no deer moving tonight.

I came down about 20 minutes early the other day because of the coyotes, they were going nuts pretty damn close........scary is right.

• Like 1