LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Sat in a stand in Pittsford on West Bloomfield road from 3:30 to 6:30 . Legal sundown was 6:11 . Wanted to see if anything would come out when it started to get dark . Didn't see a thing and it was a spot where I had seen quite a few bucks a couple of weeks ago . The wind was blowing right in my face and it was cold . There's always another day .

Got a good feeling about tomorrow morning. Coming up on that magic time, they call for a frost tonight and it's dam near a full moon.

I'm out there well before sun up tomorrow.

Lets get er done, Goodluck all.

Yeah I'm feeling the same way..I'm going to a stand tomorrow I've stayed away from up till now..
  • Like 1

Well kicked up two fawn on the way in last night...they returned 10 mins later and hung out until just before close then something caught their attention and they slowly walked toward it...Then I heard a low guttural grunt...he never came my way...then the doe fawn returned as I were preparing to leave...bow on the ground out pops a yearling doe and is headed my way eating acorns....I decide to try and climb down and sneak of as hshe id 50 yards  away...the ladder sang out as I hit the four from bottom rung and That doe was on me..I froze but she had other plans and stiff legged it to me ...she was behind me and gave a hard huff and I heard then saw her bound away and stop to look back....then I heard it!...shuffle shuffle shuffle right under me...I look down to see a big blk skunk with wht tipped tail and wht sides ...he was circling the ladder and sniffing the water bottle I dropped getting settled in..OMG! the fawn was curious to all the commotion and was coming back...please...please no!...the skunk hit my trail and headed to the fawn and she stopped...Oh lord... the tail starts up and the wind if blowng my way...when it decides to just turn and amble off...man I hit the ground undid the bow and ran in the oppisite direction! I looked back to see the fawn running away as well...That nosey doe saved my bacon...I was listening so hard at her walking I didn't hear or see him and may have well stepped on him!...lol...fun times :cheese:

Well kicked up two fawn on the way in last night...they returned 10 mins later and hung out until just before close then something caught their attention and they slowly walked toward it...Then I heard a low guttural grunt...he never came my way...then the doe fawn returned as I were preparing to leave...bow on the ground out pops a yearling doe and is headed my way eating acorns....I decide to try and climb down and sneak of as hshe id 50 yards away...the ladder sang out as I hit the four from bottom rung and That doe was on me..I froze but she had other plans and stiff legged it to me ...she was behind me and gave a hard huff and I heard then saw her bound away and stop to look back....then I heard it!...shuffle shuffle shuffle right under me...I look down to see a big blk skunk with wht tipped tail and wht sides ...he was circling the ladder and sniffing the water bottle I dropped getting settled in..OMG! the fawn was curious to all the commotion and was coming back...please...please no!...the skunk hit my trail and headed to the fawn and she stopped...Oh lord... the tail starts up and the wind if blowng my way...when it decides to just turn and amble off...man I hit the ground undid the bow and ran in the oppisite direction! I looked back to see the fawn running away as well...That nosey doe saved my bacon...I was listening so hard at her walking I didn't hear or see him and may have well stepped on him!...lol...fun times :cheese:

Glad you got out without getting stinky!!!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Passed on a  4 by 5, 2 1/2 year old, toying on the edge of 130's at 20 yards, just about 6ish yesterday afternoon. Heard him tearing up a pussy willow bush way before I seen him. Drew back, came right in the open quartering to slightly. Had an excellent chance to send one through; I let down. Hope to see him at 3 1/2. 

• Like 1

Live from the stands....try live from the gas station and Walmart. The Wifey left me no gas in the truck and Walmart for a replacement release. Not sure where it went to. Oh well. Still not backing down and gonna head in and see which deer out there wants to investigate what smells like gas ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

34 degrees this morning here in westchester with frost on the ground. I'm back from Hawaii and on the train to NYC for work. Good luck guys, I'm living vicariously through all of you until 11/7 xbow opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small buck wandered through after first light then Just went to draw back on a doe and my coat rubbed and she jumped behind a bush .. 5 of them all stopped and pissed on the bucks scrap 40 yrds away. . Guess they didn't spook

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm guessing anyone out this morning is seeing good deer movement. I almost got a doe with my truck this morning!. Bolted across the road, was able to barely swerve to miss her. Sure enough, out pops the head of a little basket rack buck behind her. Must've saw 10 more deer on the way into work.

Good luck out there!

a good chase this am through the thick brush. just 2 white tails up the air leaping  and sprinting at lightning speed. does on high alert and getting pushed around so I'm trying to get lucky and in the middle of it. the patterns have changed big time in the last 3 days, right on time! just wish next looked colder but not as of yet

Congrats Fletch...I had a great morning...got about a half hour behind...so I bumped some deer(first time )...they were snorting close and all around me and my trails got filled back in so I wasn't as quiet...well I gave up and just snorted and stomped and snorted the last 200 ft to my stand...Well that got one noisy deer stomping my way as it got light a fox came through and cut my trail in never alerting..good,,,then at 8am I got a distinct smell wafting past me and grabbed my bow....heard movement then saw a squirrel...relaxed and 5 mins later in charged an 8pt ...he came in so fast I couldn't tell it was a buck at first and he froze behind some tree...but I could see he had his hind quarters loaded.....then I was able to stand and saw the rack...he stood 60 yrds out for the longest time and then she broke and the one with her did as well. Two doe ones I heard snort at me on the way in had bedded down out infront of the stand in brush...he had bedded down in the beech /grape cover to my rt.......those 2 doe were head my way at break neck speeds and he was dashing this way and that to stop them...but too late they were half way to the swamp....he stopped 80 yrds to my rt...good wind  and I tried doe bleat...and soft grunt...but he had none of it...really he'd seen that they were the only ones in the area..I lost sight of him...

So my staging areas are now busy . I have to  step up my game and get in there at least 1 1/2 hrs early...this is where I took the 6pt last year,  9pt the year before in gun and over the years several 8pts and a few 7......I stayed until ten but had to get going....checked the cam at the garden stand on the way home...ha!  I had sat in that stand freezing yesterday morning until after 8..barrels booming and all...nothing on the cam for a few days...today 26 pics and this guy...glad I don't consider him a shooter..I'd been a tad upset... ;)

Edited by growalot
  • Like 3