Heaviest Bucks Ever killed This Will get You Blood pumping

Huntscreek

What a hog....I mean the DEER, not you, Larry....<<grin>>...

My heaviest buck weighed 175 dressed...In over 50 years of deer hunting, the heaviest buck that I have ever actually seen on the scales weighed 185 dressed, and it was killed early bow season, pre-rut and was larded up with fat.. I have talked to reliable local people over the years who have killed or seen weighed bucks that weighed 200 +, but I have never happened to see one that heavy on the scales..Years ago,the deer contest that used to be run at the Killbuck Inn near Canisteo was usually won by a buck in the 200 lb class...

I hunted in Maine a couple of times, and weight rather than rack size is the big thing up there..The state even has a "200 Club" that records deer that weigh 200+ pounds each year, as opposed to NY State's Big buck Club that records them by antler size...

• Like 1

This was my sons first buck on a junior license opening day, firearms 2000.  I never heard 4 shells pump through a 20 gauge shotgun so fast in my life, LOL.  It was the evening people were stranded on the 90 near Buffalo in a lake effect snow storm.  It also dressed at 217 lbs.. 

post-888-0-29319600-1443572047_thumb.jpg

post-888-0-54660200-1443572401_thumb.jpg

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 2