Crossbow my collect dust this year.

RSRAINS

It appears that the crossbow will only be allowed during the regular season this year.

Lets see Crossbow or .270 HHHMMMM

RSRAINS - just curious what made you think this or where you read it.  I'm always interested in where misleading information is coming from.  No offense intended, just wondered why you thought you couldn't use it same as last year.

And by the way, a crossbow during the regular season isn't a bad idea if there a good trail behind your house (like mine) and the neighbor is closer than 500 feet.  Mine is right over 300' so I can use my crossbow there ( and quickly get back for hot soup!!)

MY MISTAKE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

I GUESS WE CAN USE THE CROSSBOW IN THE SOUTHERN ZONE FROM November 7TH-20TH.

NOW I HAVE TO CHANGE MY VACATION TIME AT WORK.

I LIKE MY .270 BUT I REALLY ENJOYED THE CROSSBOW LAST YEAR.

But not Westchester

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My vertical bows are collecting dust this year. The time saved practicing has been a big help with the "honey do" list. I already have my vacation scheduled for the x-bow in the Northern zone, at the tail end of archery season and the start of ML. They made my home area in the Southern zone doe-only now, for the first two weeks anyhow. That does not excite me much, considering how much venison we still have left from last season. I will just have to take about a 1 week break with the x-bow, when I return from up North. That will be a good time to get some squirrels, rabbits, and grouse.

Bucks will be legal down here after that also, just in time for the peak rut. By then we should have last year's venison all used up. I love it when a plan comes together. Full inclusion for the x-bow would be great, but I can live with the rules like they are now. The different start times in the Northern and Southern zones make it much more bearable. Speaking of bears, I hope to get a crack at one of them with the x-bow in a couple weeks up in the Northern zone. I am just hoping the bear will run away rather than at me after taking the bolt. That is a bigger concern with a x-bow than a vertical due to the much slower reload time.

My vertical bows are collecting dust this year. The time saved practicing has been a big help with the "honey do" list. I already have my vacation scheduled for the x-bow in the Northern zone, at the tail end of archery season and the start of ML. They made my home area in the Southern zone doe-only now, for the first two weeks anyhow. That does not excite me much, considering how much venison we still have left from last season. I will just have to take about a 1 week break with the x-bow, when I return from up North. That will be a good time to get some squirrels, rabbits, and grouse.

Bucks will be legal down here after that also, just in time for the peak rut. By then we should have last year's venison all used up. I love it when a plan comes together. Full inclusion for the x-bow would be great, but I can live with the rules like they are now. The different start times in the Northern and Southern zones make it much more bearable. Speaking of bears, I hope to get a crack at one of them with the x-bow in a couple weeks up in the Northern zone. I am just hoping the bear will run away rather than at me after taking the bolt. That is a bigger concern with a x-bow than a vertical due to the much slower reload time.

why even practice when the good lord will guide your arrows straight anyhow?

• Like 3

RSRAINS - just curious what made you think this or where you read it. I'm always interested in where misleading information is coming from. No offense intended, just wondered why you thought you couldn't use it same as last year.

And by the way, a crossbow during the regular season isn't a bad idea if there a good trail behind your house (like mine) and the neighbor is closer than 500 feet. Mine is right over 300' so I can use my crossbow there ( and quickly get back for hot soup!!)

Crossbow is allowed less than 500'???

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems