A lighted nock convert

WhitetailAddict11

I've never really gotten into the lighted nock crowd because I wasn't convinced they were all that necessary. Not to mention the first set I bought about 3 years ago made my arrows fly very funky and unpredictable. Well I bought a pack of nocturnals this year after guys saying good things about them, and they shot just as well as regular plastic nocks. Well I finally got to give them a try on a nice doe Saturday evening and I was very impressed. I was able to see the flight of the arrow the entire time, and the really cool part was watching it zip through her lungs and stick in the ground, clear as day. I'll be using them from hear on out for anyone who was skeptical of them like I once was.

post-959-14440455847716_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I just tried for the first time this year the Firenocks, let me tell you those things ain't cheap but much like your nocturnals they fly great and the best part about a lighted nock in my opinion is better tracking of the arrow which allows you to see more clearly what type of hit you had as well as where your arrow is

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Agreed. Sometimes the hardest part about bow hunting is deciding what move to make next when you've shot a deer but aren't sure where exactly your arrow hit. In fact the last two deer I've shot with a bow I never even saw the arrow or where it hit the deer, I only heard the "thwack". All I had to go off was the amount of of blood on the ground that let me know it was a good hit, but other than that, it can leave ya scratching your head.

I've been looking at them all summer and still haven't Bought a pack...maybe now I will and see how they fly...glad to see some more positive thoughts

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'd say check out Firenocks if price isn't a major concern. They are super advanced and use guided missile technology in their computer chips. They are the Rolls Royce of lighted nocks but that said they are definitely not cheap but so far I've been quite pleased

• Like 1

Longer distances, 30+ Its nice because you have time to watch the arrow travel, but for the shorter shots my problem was I found myself trying to watch the light after the letoff and would end up pulling my shot to the left, missed two deer that way, including a nice 6 pt. Now I rather wait to hear that 'swack'.

Longer distances, 30+ Its nice because you have time to watch the arrow travel, but for the shorter shots my problem was I found myself trying to watch the light after the letoff and would end up pulling my shot to the left, missed two deer that way, including a nice 6 pt. Now I rather wait to hear that 'swack'.

Yea that is a common problem with lighted nocks and a hard habit to break for some, I was guilty of doing it in the beginning also. I don't use them as much to see where my arrow hits the deer (if I can all the better) but to find my arrow after the shot, afternoon sits primarily.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yea that is a common problem with lighted nocks and a hard habit to break for some, I was guilty of doing it in the beginning also. I don't use them as much to see where my arrow hits the deer (if I can all the better) but to find my arrow after the shot, afternoon sits primarily.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

That's what I'm looking for as most my bow hunts are after work sits

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have been using them for the past 2 years , i had 4 of thembroke on me by other shooters this year during our 3D league because it gives them a spot to aim (as long as i hit the 11)

I hope they paid to replace them for you