A lighted nock convert

WhitetailAddict11

I can't stand lumenocks, they are so hit and miss of your shaft is exactly square sometimes they work sometimes they don't.

I've never had that issue. I have 9 of them and they all work flawlessly in different arrows. What type of arrows are you shooting? It might just be them.

Chiefbkt

I shoot gold tips and carbon express.  I switched to gold tips last year because I could get 1 dozen on sale. I mean it could be the place that cut them but have been really hit or miss for me. They would light up on release but some would shut off after impact especially if I hit bone. The nocturnals haven't done that to me, I did have one light up in the rain the other night but it wasn't turned off all the right way.

I'm not sure why you be having your nock end cut. I shoot GT's and have no issues. I liked the Nockturnals but don't like how they turn off.

Chiefbkt

Is there a reason you'd have the arrows cut from the rear nock end?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Only thing I don't like about them, is that some of them flicker and randomly turn on if you've shot them previously.

I like to take the exact arrow, broached and in this case knock that i'm hunting with and shoot it 2-3 times to make sure that its flying as true as my other arrows.  Besides that, they are awesome.  

They are also a good marker if your tracking and lost the blood trail.  Stick the arrow in the ground with the knock at your last spot of blood and you won't lose it even in the dark.

The only problem I have found is that like 2 out of the 6 nocturnals I have don't clip onto the my string they just sort of slide on. They are holding on just fine, but I find they don't fly quite as well as the ones that clip on. For that reason I hunt with the ones that clip on and practice now and then with the ones that just slide on.

I've tried quite a few different types, in my opinion lumenoks were the worst, (maybe they've improved the last few years?) I also had a few shut off on me when hitting a deer or passing through a deer and impacting something that jars the nock ever so loose, I also used to have them turn on in my soft case in the back of the truck while moving it around. I've not had a single issue mentioned above with Nockturnals. They will not shut off or turn on unless you want them too. As far as battery life goes, I've never had one die on me(they typically aren't on for very long anyway).

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I picked up 2 packs of tracers like 5-6 years ago. They all work perfectly fine and fly great still. Even after going through many of rib cages. They have never let me down once, on the range or in the field..

The new tracers are junk, bought 2 packs for my fiance, none of them worked like they were supposed too.. i think the magnet is to weak.. compared to the older style.. no the magnet doesn't make it fly any different compared to a regular nock..

She now shoots nocturnals and they have yet to fail as well!

I bought the firenocks as well, they worked great, but i gave them to a friend who wanted to join the lighted knock crowd.... (he gave some of his time to help me get caught up on some work and wouldn't take any cash..) He loves them!

• Like 1

Nice thing about the fire knocks is I purchased their matched weight practice knocks. flies the exact same as the lighted ones and no need to burn batteries or risk a knock during practice. TO me the best feature is the simple inverted tap to turn them off.

The matched weighted practice knocks are very nice. Albeit not cheap but I love my Firenocks! I usually have one that is lit in my practice group and I use that as my last shot so I can watch it fly. It's so satisfying watching it fly into the target at dusk/lower light when practicing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk