Hi everyone... Originally from Northern NY, relocated to Nassau County with a camp on Black Lake near Hammond, NY. I'm a deer hunter, ice fisherman and summertime griller with either venison or fish grilling with the best rubs and jerk to make meat come alive. I process my own deer, making steaks for jerking to sausages of all kind. Ever in the neighborhood, come on in and have a beer, check out my 10 point scoring 141 7/8 in 2003.

post-6699-0-68366300-1444357461_thumb.jp

post-6699-0-96053800-1444357461_thumb.jp

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By CrossOvertheRiverOutdoors
      Hey Everyone! This is Louis Backlas/ Cross Over the River Outdoors. I just posted a new video to my YouTube channel that I though ya'll might get a kick out of! Have you ever used a decoy to hunt whitetails? If you haven't before you might want to start! I woke up one morning and look out my front window only  to find that my 3D deer target was in pieces all over the front lawn! A fired up buck decided to take his frustrations out on the target!  this took place sometime in November during the peek of the rut. Hope ya'll get a kick out of it! 

Follow along on my adventures on my pages! You can find Cross Over the River Outdoors on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook! God Bless! 
    • By CrossOvertheRiverOutdoors
      Hello Everyone! My name is Louis Backlas. I'm 27 years old  from Wyoming county  NY and I'm an avid bow hunter and outdoors man. I make hunting videos and have a YouTube Channel called Cross Over the River Outdoors. Feel free to go onto my channel and subscribe to it! Click on the current video link to watch a bow hunt with team member Konnor McCowing as he takes is best buck to date! Most of my videos that'll you'll see on my channel are bow hunts done off of horse back! All fair chaise NO high fence hunts! You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook @ Cross Over the River Outdoors! I'm just an every day hunter with a love for sharing my hunts! Hope ya'll enjoy the video!  

• By burmjohn
      2018 LIVE from the Woods!
      Its that time of the year again! This is our 9th year for doing this thread and its always a lot of fun! Post in this thread using your smart phone (or other device you can get to the internet with) from your stand / woods with your thoughts, current conditions, pictures, sightings, etc.  Don't forget, the site is accessible via your mobile device and there is even an app - Tapatalk enabled!    Lets see those pics!
      Bonus to anyone that LIVE streams from the stand  I'll give it a shot.
    • By GetEmDrake
      Hey All,
      New to the forum, already missing the deer season and have curiosity to quell. This was a great non-typical I was chasing all season in a bow-only area of Ithaca. Anyone know or hear of a non-typical of this caliber being killed? I'll be out scouting for him aggressively soon enough. Thanks! 
      Nick 

• By JBones
      Hello folks. I'm a novice hunter from almost Central NY. I live amongst the cow fields about 20 minutes south of the ADK park. I'm here hoping that I can learn from those who know more than I do. That's probably most of you. LOL. This is my second season and so far I still have all of my tags. I have a rifle but I'm not comfortable shooting it in the area I hunt due to people being near. I'm hoping to fill at least one of my tags before Dec 19.