HAS ANYONE HEARD IF

Anyone hear anything about Cuomo trying to get BATF to find out who I NY has assault weapons so they can(NY) check to see if they are registered. I was under the impression that BATF only can hold that info though NICKS for 72hr’s then it has to be destroyed and the yellow form we fill out are kept and the place of sail. Just wondering if its true or not.

I just got this off the NIC'S site

The NICS is not to be used to establish a federal firearm registry; information about an inquiry resulting in an allowed transfer is destroyed in accordance with NICS regulations. Current destruction of NICS records became effective when a final rule was published by the Department of Justice in The Federal Register, outlining the following changes. Per Title 28, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 25.9(B)(1), (2), and (3), the NICS Section must destroy all identifying information on allowed transactions prior to the start of the next NICS operational day.

When the NICS computer was built and turned on by attorney general Janet Reno, in compliance with the Brady bill in 1994, she announced that the system not only would not erase records immediately after a gun-buyer background check as required by law, it could NOT erase records at all.

The Justice Dept. under Bill Clinton, had built a computer capable of checking out every American, from one spot in West Virginia, controlled by the FBI, a dream project the Bureau was dying for, and the quarter-billion dollar computer was incapable of deleting a record. That’s what Janet Reno wanted us to believe, it’s what she told us, and who knows — maybe it’s exactly what she built. We have no way to know. [Note: C’mon it’s a computer, there’s no such thing as one that can’t delete a file, she lied through her teeth, had planned this all along].

She said it with a straight face, to Congress.

Congress went wild, because the bill that authorized the monster computer (read, buildings full of equipment and staff) required that background check records be destroyed instantly after the background check was completed. Congress was well aware, and had been pressured incessantly by its constituents, not to start creating rosters of gun owners. The only way the background check got in the bill at all was with instant destruction of the record mandatory. Turns out statute didn’t matter much to the feds.

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2013/06/background-check-gun-records-are-saved/#ixzz3oGXbQlYG 

Edited by Papist
  • Like 1

today I spoke with an FFL in a New England state who recently underwent an ATF audit and he told me the agent/examiner came to his shop a laptop that had a comlete database listing of all the NICS requests he had made in the past couple of years indicating the date of the transfer, the name of the gun buyer and miscellaneous other information. The ATF guy then went through the gunshop owner's file of Form 4473s to match everyone of them up with the transfers (and denials) shown in his database. Naturally, the audit also included various other checks of the gunshop's transfer record books, current inventory, accuracy and completeness of the Form 4473s, etc. 

However, my question is if the NICS records are destroyed by the next business day how could ATF have a database that still listed them? Are there any ATF or FBI agents on this blog who can answer this question? 

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1350364

Edited by Papist

It would be an enormous task, to try to find every NY'er who has bought an AR in the past. And then mail out letters to demand  proof of registration. And then, be granted  millions of search warrants to check the homes of "violators ", all of which would have to be pretty much executed at the same time. But I wouldn't put it past this arrogant, spiteful, corrupt piss ant little King to at least try.

• Like 3

It won't happen, because many of the banned rifles were simply moved out of NY State.  As long as you aren't in possession of the rifle in NY, there is nothing they can do and you don't need to answer, nor should you answer, any of their questions.

Simply ask if you are being detained or placed under arrest.  The answer will be "No", and you can simply say "Good Day To You Then" and walk away.

• Like 4

They're using people in the medical profession as well.

I was recently asked by my doctor, "If you have guns in your home are they securely stored?"

After a brief pause my response to him was, "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

It took him a while to write something on his computer (that he wouldn't let me see) so I can only assume that I'm now in some database as a dreaded 'gun-owner'. I used to like the guy too.

• Like 4

I said this would happen 2 years ago and everyone told me I did not know what I was talking about. This is part of the affordable Care act. My response was none of your business. The next part is using your children. First they will be shown in class how bad guns are. Then questioned if there are guns in the home and do they feel safe. If they answer yes and no, guess who will be visiting. Police and child protective services. You can figure out the rest.

• Like 4

Too many responsible gun owners refuse to believe where all of this anti-gun posturing is headed.  Common sense gun control is not what they believe it is.  If all responsible gun owners would unite against these attacks on their rights, they would be stopped cold.  By the time they see the goal, it will be too late to stop it.

• Like 2