Safety harness recommendation

Big Indian

The harness I have been using for the past few years is the one that you get in the box when you buy a treestand,

I'm looking to get a new one ,I saw and tried on a "muddy" last nite. Only thing I did not like was the plastic chest buckle ( did not look sturdy).

Anyone have a harness they like and would recommend? Or have experience with Muddy product and would recommend that one

Thank you in advance

I use a Gorilla Exo-Tech G3. Love it. They dont make that one anymore though. I really like the Treespider Speed harness, it will be the one I buy when I replace the G3, or just buy a second one.

http://www.robinsonoutdoors.com/shop/tree-spider-speed-harness.html

BTW, dont worry about the plastic chest strap buckle. The chest strap doesnt support weight, its just there to keep the top of the harness snug on your chest.

• Like 1

Rock climbing harness is the best change I've made in years as far as hunting. It's much cheaper and easier to use, much less restrictive, and from everything I've read it's safer

When you say rock harness you mean the belt style only? I was looking at them but didn't know what I was looking at...do you have a link to model or anything I'd like to see what it is

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use a Gorilla Exo-Tech G3. Love it. They dont make that one anymore though. I really like the Treespider Speed harness, it will be the one I buy when I replace the G3, or just buy a second one.

http://www.robinsonoutdoors.com/shop/tree-spider-speed-harness.html

BTW, dont worry about the plastic chest strap buckle. The chest strap doesnt support weight, its just there to keep the top of the harness snug on your chest.

I have the Tree Spider Speed harness and its great.  Comfortable and secure.

No its great, more range of movement in fact. The tether doesnt end up across your neck if you have to turn a long way

But isn't the strap attached on your front side to the harness unlike your back side with the usual harnesses for treestands?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rock climbers have been using those harnesses forever. I would think if theres an issue with hanging upsid down, falling out of them, etc, youd hear about it and they would use something else.

but do they have other ways they are attached to the rock? I don't know that's why I was asking, and I would think that the average rock climber is in just a tad bit better shape then the average hunter....most hunters have a way of stopping themselves from hitting the ground, but no plan as what to do once they are hanging there, whether it be right side up or upside down.....just a thought.

Edited by jjb4900