Euro mounts in my son's room

chas0218

My wife and I had our first in Jan. can't believe he will be turning 1 year soon. I decided to hang my euro mounts about his crib. Before you guys jump all over me these are lagged into the stud and wired 2 different ways to keep them from falling.

The 2 mounts are of 120" 8 points.  1 was a huge deer for the area and the other was a case of mistaken identity.

20150117_163910_zpspgpmwglt.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Like it. Did you get him the lifetime license yet ? Get it now if you're going to. It's like $380 and jumps during certain ages. Going to get this year for my daughter. Now it's $750 or so.

And nice deer !

Yeah that is next year's x-mas gift from grandpa and great grandpa. I was going to get it this year but they already called dibs on it. I was going to get him the bow hunting too but for some reason they don't discount it for younger kids. That will be the best $325 spent. Even if he doesn't want to hunt the fishing license alone will pay for itself in 10 years. We have a cottage up on Chaumont Bay so I would imagine he is going to fish especially with my wife and I spending most our summer fishing. Either way it's a cheap investment for him.

• Like 1

Ha, that was the first thing I was going to say "you hung those over a crib!"  Good job on the clarification...lol.

Looking back, I have 3 or 4 deer I wish I euromounted.

I euro mount anything over 100" but under 136". My wife said that if I get another full mount it has to be bigger than my 2nd smallest. I have a 122" 10 point I shot that I got mounted. Only reason he got mounted was because he was a 50 yard shot with a bow.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1

Nice to see you starting your kids off at an early age. Hope they join you on hunts in the future.

You and me both. Although I think he will want to hunt and fish he will be brought up around it as my wife hunts along with both sides of the family. We have a few plans this summer to get a 2 more hunting shacks built so when he is smaller he can enjoy the comfort and warmth of an all day sit. Not to mention he can bring a few toys with him. 

Some of my favorite memories were missing school to go out hunting with my father on opening day and the day after.

• Like 2

looks good man. we have the same crib for my youngest.

we had this in our last house

$_35.JPG

Thanks, I wanted a changing table so he was vertical to us changing him, it's so much easier. We find something similar we looked about 2 years ago but can't find it anymore. Wife found it originally on pinterest. Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1