8G License

NYBuckHunter27

Ok, so went up to the local town hall and got my license, so i purchased the big/small game and bow hunting privilege, figured i can always go back for the muzzleloader if need be since its doe only for that week i don't really see a need for it. But my question is, why did i only get a regular season buck tag and than a either sex tag for bow? which actually has bow/muzz on it, which i can see be confusing for some guys. If they wanted to increase doe harvests, why didn't they issue a doe tag with your bow hunting privilege like in the past?

so than i asked the clerk, what does the muzzleloading privilege get you? she states that it gives you an either sex tag, meaning two either sex tags which is dumb because 8G is obviously only antlerless for muzzleloader season.I think shes even confused because there's no way NYS is letting hunters possibly harvest 3 bucks(bow,reg,bow/muzzle). So i'm assuming you would get a single doe tag for the muzzleloader season?  

So basically because i didn't go early enough to get DMP tags, which i knew i wouldn't.  I would have to burn my either sex tag on a doe at this time, which would mean no buck for the entire bow season. So NYS basically took tags away and forced people to buy DMPs and hoped for an increase in antler-less harvests...how does this make any sense. 

If this is old news i'm sorry, i understood the whole no bucks until the 16th but i guess i was out of the loop on the tag issuing this year. 

you didn't buy the ML privilege. so it is either sex for BOW. if you buy the ML privilege you will be another tag that is antlerless only. Both tags can then be used with either weapon in either season IF YOU BUY THAT PRIVILEGE. 

your first special privilege with give you an either sex

Your second purchase will be antlerless only

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

you didn't buy the ML privilege. so it is either sex for BOW. if you buy the ML privilege you will be another tag that is antlerless only. Both tags can then be used with either weapon in either season IF YOU BUY THAT PRIVILEGE. 

your first special privilege with give you an either sex

Your second purchase will be antlerless only

got it. thank you. and DMPs can be used during the late bow/muzzeloader season correct?

But since i only bought the bow privilege, i would only be able to use a bow during the late season correct?

got it. thank you. and DMPs can be used during the late bow/muzzeloader season correct?

But since i only bought the bow privilege, i would only be able to use a bow during the late season correct?

yes, in the appropriate WMU

Yes with a bow only.

If you fill them then go get the ML. Available until the last day of season. That would give you another Antlerless only

• Like 1