Sitka Gear

the blur

My younger brother swears by it. I can't see paying that kinda dough on it!

I got a Sitka fleece hat about all I could stomach!

I went Core4 which is made by peeps that split from Sitka I am pleased so far second season

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1

Lived in a pair of the 90% Pants and the mid weight hoody for just under 2 weeks in New Zealand.....lots of thorns and rocks, hiking and hunting.

Held up great, bought another pair of pants when I got home for future.

If you shop around the 'net you can find prices that are discounted. I bought the 90% pants as 2013 model leftovers, the hoody with a sale and coupon with free shipping. Just have to know what you want (size/color) and poke around for a good price, but you have to be patient.

I still like EMS Techwick baselayers and a few REI items (like the Schoeller pants).

Original owner of Sitka has started another clothing company called Kuiu. Biggest knock (other than price) is lack of inventory and long waits for products. I cancelled a jacket order after 6 months.

First Lite is another company I have tried gear from.......Rain gear is outstanding. Llano hoody in merino wool is a favorite both for work and hunting.

Can't comment to insulated stuff for sitting, I can't sit for more than an hour unless glassing and then its easy to toss on another layer.

I have the fanatic jacket and the stratus bibs. I love both, I have been hunting in them for about 4 years now. No rips, tears, broken zippers. I bought the bibs on sale at gander for $120 and I got the jacket online for $300 I belive. U may also want to check out First light, they have real nice stuff, pricey also but it's stuff I've been looking at for a different cam pattern.

I have the fanatic jacket, core hoody, and the incinerator gloves.  Sitka is very expensive, but it feels tailored to your body and has so many little well thought out pockets and accessories. 

Core hoody is good for early season and to throw on over your base layers.  It zips up passed your mouth and becomes a face mask, which i thought was really cool.

I don't have any of the bibs or pants since I Use the spyder harness/bibs ( hands down best piece of hunting clothing that i own), I have to say their gear is second to non, especially if you get cold quickly and need some quality gear.

I recently bought the Kuiu Chugach rain jacket and it is incredible.  Sat in the rain for four hours in 40 degree weather and was dry as a bone.  it packs down to almost nothing, so you can bring it in your pack with you just incase you get hit with unexpected rain. Highly recommend 

I'd say the Fanatic series for gun season. I don't have the bibs (yet) but the jacket is plenty warm down to 0. I would imagine the bibs are just as warm. Just remember that Sitka and other companies like them design their clothes to be layered. They don't really have a one set fits all conditions. The good part about that is it will keep you the most comfy but your wallet is gonna take a beating buying it all. Which is why most guys like me buy bits and pieces when our wives aren't looking lol