2015 Rut Report

Canis Latrans

7F.. Between Wed. and yesterday I saw 2 small bucks, a thin racked 8 and several does. They were all just milling around, feeding and occasionally sniffing. Wed. I took the long way out and cut through a small apple/pear orchard that borders 2 of my stands. I counted 6 very fresh scrapes and I wasn't really looking that hard!! The top dirt was still loose and the hoof prints were clean and sharp. Hoping that this weekend turns them on. Good luck to all.   BTW hunted in just a T-shirt and light pants last night….WTH???

4H

Must be into seeking by now but this encounter didn't show it.

At 4:00 tonight I had a nice 6 point walk out of where I thought one might be bedding and into open woods. A minute after a doe followed him out. He sniffed the ground a few times but that was it. The doe turned around and they went different directions., He didn't show any interest in her at all. 

Zone 1C

Been out the last couple days in the mornings and evenings. More action in the mornings. Some seeking going on, but does aren't having it. Some bucks are just mulling around sniffing and eating. Bucks have not responded to grunts or estrus bleats.

Oddly enough, I saw a group of 3 bucks this morning following each other in a slow walk. I'm not sure what that was about. Maybe the warm weather is slowing things down.

Just a few scrapes in neck of the woods in 8F. Cams still showing very little daytime buck activity. I stopped by North Country Products in Lyons and picked up some fresh deer urine ($24 for 2oz of Top Shelf and $24 for 4oz of Peak of Estrus), hoping to lay a drag line scent trail. I had a little 6pt cross it today, but it didn't seem interested in the least bit... He just wandered away. 

In the hilltowns of 4H got busted by does this morning, no bucks seen. Different property for the afternoon, no deer seen. Leave the property on the way home a quarter mile up the road a big mature 8 crossed in front of me,heading to our property. Back out to do it again tomorrow. Hoping for better results!

It's starting in 9P, but not full blown. Woods are starting to be full of scraps. Had a buck dogging a doe this morning hard, both of their tongues were hanging with mouths wide open. The buck decided to lay down about 70 yards away from were I sent him a personal invitation not to follow her anymore. ???? She circled her way back and a different buck was on her heals. I later saw several bucks grazing, when a doe and fawn started to work hear way through the woods. They all head to her, gave her some sniffs and continued in opposite direction of her travel. Across the road, as we pulled out for dinner, a buck had a doe locked down in the field. We watched them for several minutes, when she moved, he moved. He wasn't letting her go anywhere.

That said, not all does go into heat at the same time, but all in all, it's on boys and girls.. Be in the woods!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I have some doe in heat from northern whitetail scents out of Clarence ny.

this morning I was hunting in east aurora. I hit my grunt tube and with in.15 seconds I had 2 bucks with in 15 yards of my stand going to each one of my scent rags and sniffing away

Edited by Red

3s westchester county-been hunting everyday this week despite it being 70 degrees everyday have been seeing deer except for yesterday.Tuesday I had a medium 6 point come right under me to my esterous scent. Was waiting for a shot until people walking there dog came in and spooked him.Then had a smaller buck running a doe .This weekend will get the rut going full swing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am definitely in the wrong part of 3s . 2 properties I hunt have shown zero sign, let alone deer. It really seems like the deer packed up and moved. No scrapes, no rubs, not even $hit piles in an area that has been productive in the past- 4 deer last year from 2 of us. Only sign is a bunch of coyotes and so I wonder if they are the cause for the vacant land.

I am definitely in the wrong part of 3s . 2 properties I hunt have shown zero sign, let alone deer. It really seems like the deer packed up and moved. No scrapes, no rubs, not even $hit piles in an area that has been productive in the past- 4 deer last year from 2 of us. Only sign is a bunch of coyotes and so I wonder if they are the cause for the vacant land.

Same as you in 3N. No buck rubs yet in the usual spots where I hunt. No deer saw today.