2015 Rut Report

Canis Latrans

I hunt on the Eastern edge of Erie County, NY, near the county line.

Saturday 11/7: 

8-point, 30 Minutes after daylight, Seeking, responded to bleat but no shot

Doe 1pm

Button Buck 4:40pm

10-point, 10 minutes before dark, too far for a shot, not interested in calls

Sunday 11/8:

Doe 9:30am

Tuesday 11/10:

2 hr sit in the late afternoon

Doe, Button Buck, same 10-point, 10 minutes before dark, too far for a shot, not interested in calls

Wed 11/11: 

Doe 3pm

3n watched a spike break two does of a group and breed one. first sign of the rut this year, fingers crossed the 8 I'm hunting works his way by.

Nice what town? I'll be in Carmel soon for the afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy rut activity this evening in 4J. Missed out on a 10 I've been watching all season. He came through hot on a doe, needed 15 more yards to get a good shot. Went out this morning and not much activity, but between 2:30 PM-dusk the deer were extremely active both today and yesterday. Lots of chasing and buck activity. 

Can't shoot 'em on the couch, tomorrow might be a good day to hit the stands if you're in the Albany area.

• Like 1

Yesterday, 22 deg with wind chill, 30-40 gusts, horizontal snow... The last conditions I expect to see anything.... Huge sneaks in 12-15 yards no shot... Couple minutes later small buck nose to the grind right behind her.

I can't tell where we are. This is the first true sing I've seen of the rut here in 4A.

4P came to life yesterday.  I saw 2 bucks cruising in the am.  The afternoon I laid some scent out and had a 6 point come running right in within 15 minutes.  My first crossbow kill.  On my way out another 6 pt crossed my path and he paid no attention to me.  From seeing 4 deer all bow season to 4 bucks in one day!  

• Like 2