2015 Rut Report

Canis Latrans

We have a few small scrapes around but nothing compared to last year. Last weekend saw some small bucks chasing doe around. I saw a nice 8/10 point 120"-130" wandering around behind my stand 35 yards out but too small. I have a big boy lurking around it's just a matter of time before he screws up.

• Like 1

Last few years we ended up a week early just the way the days played out. scrapes & rubs picked up towards the end of our hunt so we decided to make sure we went this year back to the original dates & praying I didn't screw it up LOL

Edited by gfdeputy2
  • Like 1

1c long island   been seeing small scrapes  on trail's    few rubsa on tree's  had a 6 ponter try and mount a doe  but she was not having it . i started to tickle the horns  and had a 5 pointer come flying in    almost  time.....be ready    leave the doe piss at home....use evercalm   it realy works  

1c long island   been seeing small scrapes  on trail's    few rubsa on tree's  had a 6 ponter try and mount a doe  but she was not having it . i started to tickle the horns  and had a 5 pointer come flying in    almost  time.....be ready    leave the doe piss at home....use evercalm   it realy works  

Hear about it but never used it, what is it?

As of 10/24 ...

8G Alabama / Alden

Lots of scrapes popping up

Few rubs here n there

Daylight activity still last 30 min of light / first ....

Doe's mixed with small bucks... No big buck sightings since 1st week of season ....

New bucks showing up at night on scrapes....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9F-Friday A.M. I had a big 8 trailing a doe pretty hard. The neighbor killed him last night after the buck followed a doe out into a plot. Friday I also saw a 6 sniffing along, nose to the ground, down an old logging road. I think its going to blow up any time now.

I agree. About a week to go. Yesterday morning, had more than a dozen does come by with only a couple little bucks mixed in. Have seen a couple bigger bucks just feeding at first and last light. But as we all know,that can change at any time now!

• Like 1

I agree that we are still a little early. I haven't seen any scrapes yet and only a couple of small rubs. I've been seeing a lot of young bachelor bucks walking around alone, but no sign of the rut. From my many years of experience, the rut activity seems to kick in right after Halloween.

I've always hated the First Quarter of the moon  just before the rut (that's what phase we are in now.) But in a couple days the moon will be full, and as it wanes the rut will pop wide open and the big boys should finally be on their feet in the daytime! In 45 years of bow hunting I don't think I have ever killed a buck in the First Quarter before the rut.