2015 Rut Report

Canis Latrans

9H. Called blind and a nice 6 pt came in. He scattered bunch of does. Hunting from ground blind with 13 yr old son. He cam to 30 yds but offered no shot. Son still shaking

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's so cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4O the bucks were running around yesterday and pushing the doe's. Had one in back of the house and my wife had 3 doe's being pushed off the hill as she went to town... We are in the town of Franklin and on Swart hollow road.

Hey Bill, I'm over in 4O harpersfield just north east of you and all the does are just hanging around like its mid-summer.  No signs of any bucks yet.

3s my buddy had a mama and fawns in tow. She hasn't ditched them yet so we are still waiting for things to get going here. Also had a spike just milling about with no interest in her. Would expect the dopey sex craved teenager to try something with her even if she was getting anywhere close to ready.

On my commute from Dutchess, through Putnam to Westchester, there were 4 new dead bucks on side of road. All smaller bucks, fours and sixes.

Went down taconic today and saw a few today as well that weren't there yesterday.

Been dead here (7F) for the past few days. A few small bucks just milling around. Had a spike rubbing on a little sapling this morning. Thats been it. Had a big buck shagging does last Fri. and a basket rack nose to the ground, but since then nothing?? Thought this morning would be hot. Still early