People who steals stands

buck hunter

I once caught some puke, little rat, thieving bitch leaving our property, with one of our stands in the back of his truck. I beat him, with a ball bat until he cried, took my stand back and then set his truck on fire!!!!!  Ohhh wait..that was just an awesome dream I had….

• Like 10

About 3 years ago my oldest son had permission to hunt on a property on West Bloomfield Road south of Canfield road  . He was a newbie there and the guys that had been hunting there for years didn't like additional people hunting there . They gave the land owner some BS story and she told my son he should find another place to hunt . He had 3 ladder stands on the property and left them until the end of season . I told him he should grab them but he didn't want to mess up the hunting for the dipwads . When he went to remove them 2 out of 3 were gone . The guys not only got him booted off , they stole his stands . There are some real low lifes out there !

It really does suck your all set to hunt and you get to your spot and the stand is gone. In the past 10 years I've lost 8-10 stands in state land and only recovered one of them some one took it and moved it about 400yrds or so down the cliff I had chains and locks on most of them

Edited by Red

Seriously guys? Wtf. I hate this as much as the next guy but are you really going to shoot at someone for taking your Property that cost less than $500???

There are a lot of scum bags out there and they should get what they deserve but I'm not shooting at anyone for taking a stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Seriously guys? Wtf. I hate this as much as the next guy but are you really going to shoot at someone for taking your Property that cost less than $500???

There are a lot of scum bags out there and they should get what they deserve but I'm not shooting at anyone for taking a stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So , are you saying that it has to be over $500 loss in order to shoot someone ? j/k   I think people make the remark about shooting someone just to blow off steam and don't mean it in the literal sense . 

being a old fart 74 and also handicapped with bad legs. I am on the ground now and leave out several plastic chairs in natural ground blinds on state woods. Each one is tagged with my name, phone number and also says use but do not move. So far in 10 years I have only one taken. I have had notes left on the chair as I used the chair on this date and took a doe or buck...so for the most part I still think a lot of our hunters will not take your stand or in my case a chair.

Well, I learned the hard way that people are people whether that applies in the woods or on city streets. Just because they are hunters does not mean that there isn't a certain percent of them that are scum-bags. When you leave things that are worth a couple hundred dollars in the woods (particularly on un-posted property), you are doing the same thing as leaving money on the hood of your car in the city. It is like bait for the scum of society. I lost a $200+ camera because I had a bit too much faith in our fellow hunters. It was misplaced trust. No more. Now my cameras are relegated to deep inside my posted lines, and I wouldn't be surprised if some day that turns out to be a mistake.

It is all too bad, but when you think about it, there is nothing about any of this that should really surprise anyone.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about this. Most of us know the sinking feeling and it stinks. I had 2 trail cams stolen last year. It has put a bit of a damper on one of the things I truly enjoy. Now I really limit the location, use chains and box locks which is a hassle. I'm sure they will find a way to rip those off too.