Letchworth

DanielT

I only was given a second chance permit for the West side when I applied for East side as first choice. So I was there last Fri.afternoon in the 63 deg weather and Sat.afternoon but saw no deer. Sitting has been a waste of time for the most part after opening weekend but I remain hopeful.

You should have hooked upwith us when i put the post on here about openings at the cabin. Could have locked you under the cabin and got you on the first week. We always get a cabin just for that reason. Many times nobody stays at the cabin.

Not yet for me. Saw prob the 2nd biggest buck in my life, in the wild, during the last week of bow. Just a brute of a 5 by 8 prob 140 maybe 150 area. He was just a huge 10 with 2 stickers and a 3-4 inch drop on his left. Deer of a lifetime for sure at 50 yards in the thickest crap possible. I believe that boy is still alive and well and now again spends his days at the bottom of the Hogsback. Really sucks when bow ends for sure.

Besides that my buddy took a great 9 point pushing 120 opening day and his dad of failing years took a nice 5pt, His first in many years.

It was nice to have Cusehunter on this site join us down at the cabin this year and he got to enjoy one of the rope trips with us, lol One of the easier ones and he was like....Wow, I broke a sweat on that trip. We could have taken 3 park legal bucks on that trip but nothing either of us wanted. I would guess in 10 days i passed at least 8 legal bucks and had 3 shooters..In my book...at 20 to 50 yards and either does,young bucks or thick briers screwed me up.

All in all it was another great trip and i saw piles of deer on the park and cant wait for our late season last couple days of shotgun/Muzzy week trip. Come on SNOW!

hahaha yeah, I broke a sweat as I was driving all the deer toward you :P I went back last weekend and got a nice doe Sunday. I have to pick her up at the processors tomorrow
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Cabin is booked....we booked a week at end of oct...and then 2nd week of November. ..can't wait...love it there

Ditto..We have our camp just off the park but we also rent a C cabin for the last 4 days of bow and opening of shotgun for any leftovers that wont fit at camp.  Will be down this weekend opening camp and taking a walk on the park at a new area found late season muzzle.

There are a pile of Turkeys in the park and we have a good number on the farm outside the park...you also need to hook up with a permit to hunt birds on the park.

Cabin renting is thru Reserveamerica.com

• 2 months later...