Rifle hunting in 5C...

GreggNY

I have an opportunity to hunt private property in 5C when the regular season opens and have never hunted the northern zone before. Someone was telling me that in 5C, only bucks can be taken with a firearm. Does must be taken with a bow or muzzleloader only. I've never heard of anything like this and couldn't find any information about this in the regs. Can of you guys confirm if this is true or not?? Thanks!

That makes absolutely no sense. It's either all deer with rifle or none.i don't have the map up right now.

I agree. And the map doesn't show any differences regarding deer sex and implements that can be used. I couldn't find any fine print in the regs either. Just thought I'd ask here before calling the regional office in case I was missing something obvious.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an opportunity to hunt private property in 5C when the regular season opens and have never hunted the northern zone before. Someone was telling me that in 5C, only bucks can be taken with a firearm. Does must be taken with a bow or muzzleloader only. I've never heard of anything like this and couldn't find any information about this in the regs. Can of you guys confirm if this is true or not?? Thanks!

They are absolutely correct. In MOST of the ADK there are no doe permits.  Gun is bucks only. Bow and crossbow you can take a doe. Also muzzleloader.

Edited by jim335