weather checking ...Who do you use?

growalot

So I use weather underground and Mr B uses accuweather..what a difference...but for underground I have to check what station pops up....See I have one to my north, one in town, and one at a farm to my south and what a CRAZY difference in wind speed and direction...I'm so screwed as it were.... because my accurate farm station has been off line...and the nearest at even close our elevation is in the next town over...the closest one to my north ALWAYS has a different wind direction and speed and rain preditions...So who do you use and do you monitor the stations your info comes from?

I guess I am old fashioned, I would love it to be 30 degrees and have a couple inched of snow on the ground everyday for deer season, however I will hunt in any weather, I don't mind anything unless its too warm, probably that's why I don't bow hunt or live in the south. saying all that, I just watch YNN weather the night before, given that, the weather changes here by the hour, If you believe anything the weatherman says I got some ocean front property in Catskills to sell you,,,,,,

Edited by Northsox65

I like the fact that underground has access to several area stations...the big farms, schools and I'm not sure where the one north of me is...but the differing wind and speeds I see are due to the hills ,valley and the 3 lakes that surround us.....the hils really reek havoc on the wind.

I like the fact that underground has access to several area stations...the big farms, schools and I'm not sure where the one north of me is...but the differing wind and speeds I see are due to the hills ,valley and the 3 lakes that surround us.....the hills really reek havoc on the wind.

I lived and hunted out in western NY closer to my college days.  it's pretty flat.  not Kansas or okieland flat.  compared to here it's night and day.  Adirondack to my north, Green Moutains of VT to my east, Hudson river valley to my west, and Grafton mountains to the south.  family farm is also basically a big "hill" with a 600+' in elevation change from top to bottom.  I know what you mean.

• Like 1

http://www.wunderground.com/

It has already been mentioned, but this is the most complete and detailed forecast site that will do some pretty good focusing on little towns that most other sites won't even mention. just type in the name of the town and it will take you to the closest town and give you hour by hour forecast, wind direction and speed, and temperatures and precip chances and cloud conditions, sunrise/sunset times, etc.