2015/16 Trapping Harvest Thread .

Kludes

Had a yote pull his foot today...must have been a toe catch...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dang. He'll be even tougher now. I just put bird barrel on Winchester 1300. Going to Cabela's now for new caller. A few boxes of #4 buck. Guess I'm not setting any steel this year but hunting them instead.
  • Like 2

chas0218, on 04 Jan 2016 - 2:58 PM, said:

Just curious as I have never trapped. Can you dispatch a bobcat with a gun after being trapped? I know you can't hunt them but trapping can you shoot them to dispatch the animal? I know of where there are a few hanging out regularly and would love to get a full body mount of a cat.

Bobcat season was open this year from Oct.25-Nov. 20 in our area for both hunting and trapping, Chas.

You just had to get a bobcat permit from Bath.

• Like 1

Well a frozen set got me today missed another yote....track looked large too so set a few more closer to the suspected daytime area to give me more chances....gonna set a hay set or 2 friday

dang ! Love me hay sets. 5 reds a few years ago from same one. On the ice of a frozen creek they are quite the attractor Hope you nab that song dog
  • Like 1

Tracks galore around my areas so I set our some fresh sets with no cover but some cut up grass and long pieces too... caught her on a flat set I caught a grinner in 2 weeks ago .. used her carcass after I skinned her and made a garbage pile set with her under it and trap bedded in front of it .. 2 spots I set scent posts 1 was a natural grass clump they have been urinating on set that and then put one 50 yrds from my back door were they yotes been running aroundy property ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

hay sets are pretty operable in below freezing temps providing it doesn't rain on them and then dip below 32 No dirt, no sifting required

Yea hay sets in agenda for tomorrow gonna set a double in one where I have a pair walking nightly...few more weeks I wasn't dealing with freeze till it went above freezing during day...water in ground coming up fast

Yea hay sets in agenda for tomorrow gonna set a double in one where I have a pair walking nightly...few more weeks I wasn't dealing with freeze till it went above freezing during day...water in ground coming up fast

watch that rain. Ya , took a walk yesterday Every set of tracks I saw were a pair.
  • Like 1

Released a coon yesterday medium female and I'm not dealing with skinning and fleshing for 3-5$ no matter how much I love trapping lol I've kept and skinned all big bores that are 3xxl or better or black coons for tanning ...I'm mustering up the courage to go out I'm this down pour

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1