Odd Rack

upstatehunter

Not a whitetail, and not anything too crazy but I think it's cool. This mule deer I shot, had a 4" drop/backwards brow point. Still in velvet. His ear on the side was very worn from this point always rubbing.

post-871-1445569578114_thumb.jpg

post-871-14455695899718_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killed this buck in 2006, in 8C. His bottom front teeth were falling out. His left lung had a big solid mass in it. I cut it open, & it was black / greenish inside. I have no idea what happened to him.

post-1188-0-99850600-1445871641_thumb.pn

post-1188-0-81303200-1445871677_thumb.jp

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 3

Killed this buck in 2006, in 8C. His bottom front teeth were falling out. His left lung had a big solid mass in it. I cut it open, & it was black / greenish inside. I have no idea what happened to him.

Lung cancer? Or maybe an old single lung hit that had healed? Either way sounds nasty but a nice rack for the wall!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Lung cancer? Or maybe an old single lung hit that had healed? Either way sounds nasty but a nice rack for the wall!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I wondered about lung cancer too. Looked for any sign of an arrow or shot, but didn't see anything. Maybe a car hit him & messed him up, but he survived.

The meat was fine. He's one of my favorite bucks.