My 6. No brows. Comtemplating....

Steve7

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the 6 I took last season in 3N during shotgun....I kind of wish I'd let him walk, but no promises that he'd be around this year or next especially on state land; and the fact there was a guy 250 yds down the trail (and down wind) from me.  In the same breath I've had several "deer damage" issues of my own and I was pretty ticked too.  However, deer don't understand our "rules."  If either of them walk in front of you, you'll be faced with decision.  You will either make the decision or the decision will be made for you.  Good luck with that....either way it'll be a rush. After how this season has gone, I wish I would have shot that spike under my stand last week, at least it came to the inside of ears; but, I'm not bitter nor do I feel incompetent.  Ha, ha.   We won't talk about the shot at that doe I cleanly missed because I didn't drop my bow/anchor arm...first season back after 12 years and it has been humbling.  Enjoy the success, whether you shoot or not.

Clean miss on this 6 at dusk @ 42 yards.  Disappointed but it was a tough shot up hill quartering away but shot was true.  Just misjudged the distance by a fraction.  No blood on arrow.  He wasn't spooked much and didn't know what was going on.  Happy I didn't hurt him and got out quietly.  Going to have some burbon and lick my wounds....

• Like 1

IMHO I would harvest him.  No brow tines means cull in my book.  If he hasn't grown any by now he probably won't be growing them anytime soon.  While he will get bigger every year i'd rather have a buck mating does with better genetic potential.

Beautiful buck either way.