Holy crap

bubba

I am on my last day if my first hunting vacation this year. I am home waiting for safe lite to show up and replace my windshield in my truck. Anyway I hunted my new property for the first time this past two weeks. I purchased a small parcel which birders state land. Muzzleloading week, it was quiet. This past Saturday regular season started. Saturday afternoon about 5:30 the silence was broken. I was setting on my property and on the state property I hear 3 shots just as fast as they could go off. Then in my radio I heard. Small buck coming your way. I don't think I hit him. At5:50 5 shots just as fast as they could go off. Radio again.same guy Huge f&%$ing buck. I am not sure if I hit it. He is heading your way. Radio chatter for maybe 10 minutes and they gave up looking. I keyed my mic and offered assistance which they said no. No offense to anyone,but I had flash backs to when I hunted dutchess county state land years ago. The person who owns land next to us warned us that his two nephews are "trigger happy". He owns 400 acres and he will not let them hunt on his property. I more thought he was making an excuse and they were making drives to the private property. I went over to their camp in the evening to socialize. The two guts were there. Talk went to what we hunt with. WhenI said an encore, they btried to lecture me about wounding deer with a single shot and losing them. Bear in mind these two are mid 20,s. I said well a little while ago I heard 8 shots and I did not see any deer hanging. I then went into my know your target and beyond and making clean ethical one shot kills. It did not get far , but I had my say about safety. I was glad I had my own piece to sit on. I honestly doubtbthis guy even saw anything. His uncle told me it is the same every year. Lots of shooting and no deer.

• Like 1

Thats good Glad your OK...

I had 2 geese go through mine and landed me in the hospital...the nice little squares that I thought was suppose to happen on that type of glass...were long dagger type shards that splinters flew from....thank heaven some guy witnessed it and helped me...the police tried to accuse me of speeding ...that was the only way such damage could have happened.....

The guy jumped right in and said he was taking out his garbage and saw me coming down the hill with my brakes on and going under the speed limit...that the second the geese hit I had the 4 ways on and pulled over....Lol what he didn't know was I saw them at the last second and as I was diving for the passager seat, I inadvertantly hit the flasher button and pulled the steering wheel to the rt...Oh boy the seatbelt did a number on me as I nearly tore it out... There was a funnel of glass protruding in the car were my head had been. The guys wife called the ambulance before I had a chance to call Mr. B...splinters in my eyes.and a very black and blue strap mark ..no gun opener for me that year.

Edited by growalot