Rutting activity

Josh K

the last two nights the 1.5 year old bucks are dogging the does hard. (college frat boy freshman on their first Friday night away form home). I have 6 does in the two nights with 10 yards of my stand at different times and couldn't get a shot because they were in full out fleeing. The one does had her tongue hanging right out from being run so hard. The young bucks just haven't figured out that the "time" isn't there yet. But it is getting close.

• Like 1

Broome county my uncle shot a 2.5 year old 8 point last Friday that was traveling with his head down. I got nighttime pictures on my trail cam Sunday night of a 1.5 year old 6 point with a 2.5 year old 4 point that was chasing a doe around 

Keuka Lake Area

Last week I saw only a few scrapes and one or two rub trees. This week I'm sidelined with an umbilical hernia repair. No tree stands, No drawing my bow....This Sucks. 

I'll be out this Friday again scouting some more and hoping next Tuesday I'll get cleared for using my bow.

Keuka Lake Area

Last week I saw only a few scrapes and one or two rub trees. This week I'm sidelined with an umbilical hernia repair. No tree stands, No drawing my bow....This Sucks.

I'll be out this Friday again scouting some more and hoping next Tuesday I'll get cleared for using my bow.

That does suck! Hopefully you can get out during gun season.

Knock em' down

• Like 1

Large buck hit last night in Town of Niagara on Military Rd..  The buck actually hit the side of the car.  It's ramping up.  With the weather today, I would expect tomorrow would be a catch up day.  If you can get In the woods, get in the woods.  For us unlucky ones, we'll be fantasizing that we are.

Yesterday morning on my way to work, I saw a mature buck (rack almost as wide as his ribcage) at 7:45 walking in an open field 75 yards off the road. He had his nose to the ground, swinging his head from side to side, like a bird dog on a hot trail!

I drove by the same field this morning and there was a doe, the mature buck, and two smaller bucks! I pulled off to the side of the road to watch the show! The mature buck just stood guard over the feeding doe. Everytime the smaller bucks tried to get within 50 yards or so of the doe, he would run them off, then run back to the doe! Those smaller bucks just didn't give up though! It was great to watch!!

• Like 1

post-5601-0-63616300-1446133093_thumb.jp

Even though this was over a month ago, I am still seeing sign of this brute around.  I'll be pulling cards from the cameras tomorrow seeing I still can't draw a bow yet (What do doctors know) but I can still scout and explore new areas of state land. 

I'll post up anything interesting I get.

So I was out in a ground blinde this past weekend. Saturday morning I saw the first chase action of the season.  Then I had a curious fat spike come within 10 feet of my ground blinde.  I guess my scent controll was working.

Cameron State Forest.

• Like 1