give up the times guys....

growalot

I did some work Tuesday for a friend who has a cottage on Seneca Lake. He's an avid duck hunter, and there was not a single duck in the air for the entire day. A few seagulls and cormorants, but not a single shooter for the whole day.

He's owned the place for about twenty years, and he said it's been the strangest season he's ever seen. ?

Saw 3 this morning, two were by moonlight around 6:30 as I was getting settled in...winded me and were gone.  Had a lone doe come in around 8:20 AM, with no suitor in tow,  10 yards.  Drew the Bear back, settled in and released, all in a nice smooth motion that gave me that ever so slight startle.  If I would have bent at the waist and not lowered my bow arm, I'd be dragging one out right now.  I hate when I do stupid things.

First season bow hunting after 12 years, I'm still a bit rusty I guess.  Just glad it was a clean miss.

Saw a small, fresh scrape on the way out so things might be starting in my area (3M), finally.

• Like 2

I have seen a few in the morning while turkey hunting. Opening day gun NZ I didn't see anything in the morning sit. I had to come home and landowner jumped one around 2pm near where I was in the morning.

Tonight around 6:15pm on the way to inlaws, we counted 15 eating on the side of I90. It was pretty dark and hard to really see what they were, except for one, nice buck hoping around with what I assume to be 4 does.

Yesterday the first buck I saw a young one was at 10:30, shortly after that a giant showed up at perhaps 11:00.

Than a decent one at 4:00 followed by a really nice one a bit later ( 80 yards out).

On my walk out there were two bucks standing in a cut corn field at dusk. I use to stay until dark but I guess I've been influenced by the clock watchers here and leave earlier .....????

Oh all times adjusted for those of you who " turn your clocks back" !