Daylight Saving Time

fasteddie

President Wilson signed it into law in 1918 to support the war effort during WWI.  Year round DST was in place during WWII  from 42 to 45, better known as Eastern War Time. From 45 to 66, mass confussion erupted  with train, plane , and bus schedules as it was up to each state to decide to stay on old time or change to DST.  

I did a study on my kill dates and learned that I have killed a LOT more deer on EST than on DST..

Especially since I quit hunting with that silly bow and arrow !

Maybe I should write an article for " Deer and Deer Hunting" on that subject.

• Like 1

One year I forgot to set my clock back, so I got up Sunday without " loosing an hour , hunted came home and found my wife had changed all the clocks, hum.... sense I'm off the next two weeks why should I set it back?

Been doing that for years now. If you're retired or have vacation time following dst just leave the clocks alone .

One of the good things about Eastern Standard Time instead of Daylight Savings Time is that with the EST, I am home and hunkered down in time to catch the local news/weather so I can get wind directions and precipitation forecasts to plan my next day's hunt. With daylight savings time, I can still on stand or coming off the hill while the weather is on TV.

Of course today with the internet full of far better weather pages than local TV will ever have, that feature is no longer relative.