East Aurora Buck

Gencountyzeek

Any idea on the measurements? I thought 140's since the brow point aren't real tall; thought that was the difference-maker. Maybe after drying, 140's?

just the tines and beams get him over 100... I'll bet the beams are over 50" alone... and another 50"+ for the tines... add a 19 inch spread and I'm guessing 32-34 for mass... and that gets you over 150.. MAYBE high 140's after deductions 148-149.. still 150 class

Edited by nyantler
  • Like 1

just the tines and beams get him over 100... I'll bet the beams are over 50" alone... and another 50"+ for the tines... add a 19 inch spread and I'm guessing 32-34 for mass... and that gets you over 150.. MAYBE high 140's after deductions 148-149.. still 150 class

Makes sense. What is the typically amount of inches or I guess % of inches lost after drying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most is lost in the spread... usually not more than an inch or so lost from the green score...

Interesting, so its really the skull that shrinks? explains why my mt. lion, lynx, and bobcat skulls all scores less after drying.

• 3 years later...
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2015 at 10:56 AM, Gencountyzeek said:

A buddy verified through a friend in east aurora. Wish I could see monsters like this. I believe it green scored 153".

post-6006-0-27196300-1446130533_thumb.jp

Looks like a 173...nevertheless, one helluva buck. Congratulations.

I remember when that deer was shot . A guy at work showed me the picture of the deer that his buddy shot ,his buddy actually photoshopped his face and was telling people he shot that buck. I pulled the original photo from this site and showed him and then he texted the original photo back to his buddy.

• Like 2