Warm first week of November.

Mikeyfuzz

I'm off for two weeks starting Sat. It's going to be highs in the 60's and overnight lows in the mid 40's, would I like it a bit colder? Sure .

But no rain and low winds is a trade I'll take, toss in the fact that it's Nov. I'm not to worried.

Low wind, no rain mild temps makes for an easy all day sit too.

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 4

Not good for those of us that process our own venison.   No matter to me though, as I am not going out until x-bow opens the second week.  Hopefully the cool weather will kick in by then.  Veteran's day was perfect last year (peak rut time too) and I already scheduled a vacation day this year.   Hopefully I can score again on that day because our venison supply is starting to get low.  Last year, the first week was cool and I had near perfect "hanging weather" for a 2-1/2 year, bow-killed buck that a friend gave me.  From that point thru the end of ML in mid-December, meat ageing temps stayed good inside my garage.   It sure was nice to not have to skin and quarter the carcasses and put them into the old fridge like I need to most years.   

Edited by wolc123

I'll be hunting 7s the first week of November, weather reports say it will be fairly warm. What do you think will be the affect on deer movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, they have there winter coats on. The more hunters in the area they might get them to move, if you hunt by yourself in a large area don't count on it , they are only going to move by themselves when the feel like eating or pushed.

I have put enough hunting seasons behind me to know that the first couple weeks of November, you can expect anything to happen. At anytime. Anywhere. No matter what the weather may be. Be in the woods as much as possible. Expect the unexpected.

• Like 4