Summit v.s. Lone wolf

Chef

So I own a lone wolf sit and climb and wanted to hunt the area where my buddy leaves his summit. We have a bunch of stands on the property and leave the climbers attached to trees to add to our set up choices. So any way he said just use my stand... Well let me tell you that summit is a piece of crap. Much harder to climb with a lot heavier and less stable while climbing. I actually walked almost half a mile round trip to go get my lone wolf and I am happy that I did

I love my summit too. it only weighs 15 pound i think that is 1 more than the Lone Wolf.

. Read the thread two to two... And if you tried the lone wolf you would never go back... Seat is a little smaller but I'm a fat ass and I'm still comfortable

I have a Lone Wolf and a Summit. Only time I use the Lone Wolf is when I head deep in the woods. Even then I sometimes still grab the Summit. I feal safe in the summit and the Lone Wolf not so much. Small seat, small platform its just not fun to sit in for any amount of time.

. Read the thread two to two... And if you tried the lone wolf you would never go back... Seat is a little smaller but I'm a fat ass and I'm still comfortable

Ya right lol... Lone wolf climbers suck ! Hangs ons not so bad .... Climber seats are super thin and uncomfortable , I have the summit open shot hand climber .... 4 in. padded seat, foot rest , 15 lbs .... Stupid easy to climb .... Sit all day deluxe mobile " hang on"... I would touch a lone wolf climber again !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya right lol... Lone wolf climbers suck ! Hangs ons not so bad .... Climber seats are super thin and uncomfortable , I have the summit open shot hand climber .... 4 in. padded seat, foot rest , 15 lbs .... Stupid easy to climb .... Sit all day deluxe mobile " hang on"... I would touch a lone wolf climber again !

. The hand climber might be good but the sit and climb that my friend has sucks, the bar is at such a angle that you can barely clime
  • Like 1

. The hand climber might be good but the sit and climb that my friend has sucks, the bar is at such a angle that you can barely clime

Ya , I don't care what kind of climber it is , the sit and climbs are crap , too cramped with that bar at your knees n sling style seat ...

My buddy hunts and has a lone wolf and swears by it.  I have picked it up but never actually used it.  He is a smaller guy and says the lone wolf isn't for all day sits but works well for going deep into the woods.  The open shot which I have seems to be easy to climb with and super comfy seat for all day sits.  I think we are really talking about preference here,  Both are well made and versatile stands. 

Personal preference, I bought a summit and used it an entire season, sold my LW sit and climb the following summer. I hated it, the setup is a PITA especially when it was cold. Those knuckle busting knobs and cam locks were awful. I had I for six seasons so I didn't give it up quickly. This is a Ford vs Chevy conversation, no wrong answer

• Like 1

I use a timbertall and love it. Its great for going waay up and has the self leveling for those trees that get much thinner on top. I feel so safe with it tgat i stopped wearing the safety harmess. The top is tethered to the bottom and top is also tied to the tree so no way for either piece to just fall off. The only issue is its quite large and anless tied together nicely it makes a racket carrying. (I made a kit for tying together and used pipe foam insulation wrapped with cano tape to make it more silent.

Never tried lone wolf but its one that id like to try it just seems like a very light setup. Would be great for those deep woods sits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I use a timbertall and love it. Its great for going waay up and has the self leveling for those trees that get much thinner on top. I feel so safe with it tgat i stopped wearing the safety harmess. The top is tethered to the bottom and top is also tied to the tree so no way for either piece to just fall off. The only issue is its quite large and anless tied together nicely it makes a racket carrying. (I made a kit for tying together and used pipe foam insulation wrapped with cano tape to make it more silent.

Never tried lone wolf but its one that id like to try it just seems like a very light setup. Would be great for those deep woods sits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I see a little one with you in your profile pic. Wear your harness so they don't have to spoon feed you if you were to fall IMO It's not worth the risk "feeling safe " or not. Pretty sure all climbers 2 pieces are tethered together. You stand up to shoot behind you, awkward position, go to strap boots in to descend , drop something and lunge for it, lots of crap can happen unexpectantly.

• Like 3

I got wide sit and climb. I like it for the most part but it been creaking and for the life of me can't get it to stop. It better after bow string wax on cable but still not perfect and for the money it dam well should. Have heard great things about treewalker and thinking of trying next season.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I haven't tried a lone wolf, but compared to a couple of hang ons I've tried, the summit viper sd, with its thick padded seat and back rest, is absurdly comfortable for what it is--a seat stuck on a tree.

Also, I got this summit viper SD new for $215 out the door at gander mountain two weeks back.

I really want to try a lighter 15 lb climber just to see how they are, though.

I see a little one with you in your profile pic. Wear your harness so they don't have to spoon feed you if you were to fall IMO It's not worth the risk "feeling safe " or not. Pretty sure all climbers 2 pieces are tethered together. You stand up to shoot behind you, awkward position, go to strap boots in to descend , drop something and lunge for it, lots of crap can happen unexpectantly.

Truth.

Please stop using a stand if you're not using a harness. If it's too much hassle to use the harness, buy a nice stool and stay on the ground. Super safe, easier to carry, no setup time :) There are hundreds if not thousands of people a year who fall from a stand and probably wish afterward they had used a harness. Why be another statistic?

Edited by Core