Where do you keep your bow while on stand?

ATbuckhunter

I use a bow holder that is designed for the base of a chain on stand . I buy longer bolts and fasten it to the curved part of my ladder stands with wing nuts for easy installation and removal . They cost $12.99 at DICKs . The company used to make one that was designed for the ladder stands . The way I install it makes it easy go grab with minimal movement . The holder is adjustable .

post-132-0-84873900-1446761189_thumb.jpg

I have always been a fan of the ez-hanger. I put them on all of the stands. Does anyone know if they permanently hurt the tree? Also if anyone has figured out how to make your bow not swing in the wind while on a hanger, but still be secure and easy to get into your hand for a shot?

there are trees that I've screwed steps into 30 years ago and they are fine.....but I guess it is possible.

• Like 1

I keep the lower wheel on the bow on my thigh, with the bow balanced and the release attached to the string. Makes a minimum of movement that way. That being said, I always have  a couple screw in hooks too on both sides of the trunk, usually to take the weight off when deer are under the stand and waiting for the right one to show up.

I have always been a fan of the ez-hanger. I put them on all of the stands. Does anyone know if they permanently hurt the tree? Also if anyone has figured out how to make your bow not swing in the wind while on a hanger, but still be secure and easy to get into your hand for a shot?

Not sure but mine have been in the tree for 3+ years. I just unscrew it a little at the end of the season each year.

I used an EZ hanger for years but this year I started using a Third Hand Archery bow holder on my stand. It can be used on climbers or permanent stands. It is built like a tank and does a great job holding my bow much closer than the EZ hanger did. I have it adjusted so the bow leans forward (at about a 45 degree angle) with an arrow nocked. You have to pull the bow back towards you a few inches to slide it out of the holder. Here's a picture of my bow in the Third Hand bow holder.

post-216-0-38560800-1446922041_thumb.jpg

I used an EZ hanger for years but this year I started using a Third Hand Archery bow holder on my stand. It can be used on climbers or permanent stands. It is built like a tank and does a great job holding my bow much closer than the EZ hanger did. I have it adjusted so the bow leans forward (at about a 45 degree angle) with an arrow nocked. You have to pull the bow back towards you a few inches to slide it out of the holder. Here's a picture of my bow in the Third Hand bow holder.

ive got one on my climber and climb with the bow in it. It's the shizzle

I take the screw in tool hooks.

3146Q-OfckL._SX300_.jpg

pant them black , then i screw them to a 1x3 board a foot long.

a few holes in the boards top and bottom then i can tie the whole

thing to the tree with paracord ... 

no need to damage a tree ..

Edited by JimMac
  • Like 2

In my tree stands, I use hooks like WNYBuckhunter posted, usually four per stand... two I can reach while sitting, and two I can reach while standing.  Typically, my bow is on the "upper left" where I can reach it easily from sitting or standing position.  I use the other hooks for my pack, quiver, and sometimes jacket if I take one but its too warm part of the day.

I have an overly large ground blind stand that holds two bows, but I recently got one that sort of looks like the one JimMac posted but has a rod to push it down in the ground.  Its much better because it is smaller.

Last week I was sitting with my bow hung from a broken branch behind me. I was dozing and waiting for official sunrise when a buck came in at about 10 yards at exactly sunrise o'clock. I did my best to get my bow and knock an arrow as slowly and quietly as possible, but he spotted me and turned back.

From now on my bow stays ready and in my hand at all times.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got my holder delivered the other day it's just like fast eddies. I still prefer the rail to sit it on but the bow holder is awesome. I didn't have to move much to grab it. My only other question is what about my other stuff any other kind of hooks anyone can suggest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk