DMP -3 M ??????????

Jmny

I have been studying the past deer take surveys from the DEC for the years 2007-2014. And one DMP area keeps jumping out, drawing my attention. And that is DMP- 3M. This area is comparable with the highest deer kills per square mile in the state. However it greatly exceeds the surrounding DMP's in that area of the state. What makes it so different? Would appreciate any suggestions on why this dmp has the highest deer harvest in that section of the state, in fact ranks with the other top areas of the state?

All I can say is we have a lot of deer here in 3M there kinda like Rabbits everywhere you look,  I am a local crop hay and corn Farmer and we farm 1700 acres in Warwick There is no shortage of food hence the orchards, farm lands and open mountains available for them to brows not to mention the winters here as they are still eating good IE round bales and standing corn believe it or not we took 60 does off one farm of about 250 acres the last season the next weekend there was 39 more in one field it just has to be the food supply 

On a lighter note I have my 4 DMP and hope to have the availability to fill them the first morning   

Black dirt area in 3M is very fertile land. plus have some areas that are protected, so they have a few refuges to hide in and further reproduce.  Have several swamps for them to hide in too.

Some of deer live in town or the outskirts on non-huntable land.

Sometimes have 3 does in my yard, and I am in town. A 5 minute walk and have a choice of a few pizzierras, Chinese food, barber shops, library, etc.

Thanks for your responses that allowed me to find a starting place to acquire knowledge of the area. Apparently this is an area that was frequently flooded. In the early 1900's a drainage ditch was established to prevent the frequent flooding. The farmers in the area planted cooking onion in this 26,000 acre area. In its prime the area was producing 30,000 pounds of onions per acre. As the different taste of onions became popular the farmers diversified their plantings to include radish,potatoes,lettuce,tomatoes,carrots and sod. It is,apparent that this diversity of produce sustains a healthy deer herd. You have to travel 250+ miles to find a dump area the has comparable harvest results.

All I can say is we have a lot of deer here in 3M there kinda like Rabbits everywhere you look, I am a local crop hay and corn Farmer and we farm 1700 acres in Warwick There is no shortage of food hence the orchards, farm lands and open mountains available for them to brows not to mention the winters here as they are still eating good IE round bales and standing corn believe it or not we took 60 does off one farm of about 250 acres the last season the next weekend there was 39 more in one field it just has to be the food supply

On a lighter note I have my 4 DMP and hope to have the availability to fill them the first morning

. If you want someone to take another 4 let me know I'm always passing by on my way up to camp, and picked up 2 3m's this year and so did my fiancé