JUST curious ...how many gun....

growalot

...apparently a lot for the road was like opening day of gun season...

Really? I wish I would have been paying attention. I didn't see much difference, but then that's not surprising since I am out of the game this year. It would have been interesting to have gone down to the state parking lots to see if there was any significant difference in the number of cars. It doesn't seem to be much response to this thread so we are not going to get any idea from here.

Really? I wish I would have been paying attention. I didn't see much difference, but then that's not surprising since I am out of the game this year. It would have been interesting to have gone down to the state parking lots to see if there was any significant difference in the number of cars. It doesn't seem to be much response to this thread so we are not going to get any idea from here.

Well it is prime time now as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahh fer crying out loud. Bickering like that will grind it to a halt. By 2050 75% of the people in the US will be living in a city/urban area. Not us, but your kids or their kids. These people arent moving to the cities. the cities are expanding. It is all about getting along.

Huh???? Did you mean to start a new thread or something? I don't understand the connection between the topic  and your reply. Interesting comment and interesting statistic, but what has that got to do with what was being talked about?

Ahh fer crying out loud. Bickering like that will grind it to a halt. By 2050 75% of the people in the US will be living in a city/urban area. Not us, but your kids or their kids. These people arent moving to the cities. the cities are expanding. It is all about getting along.

I'm sorry ,were we in the middle of a conversation that I don't remember having?

• Like 2

LOL well that question got shot to hell from the get go......Doc the reason it's so noticable here was there is nothing up this hill but farms and hunting camps...my ridge stand lets me see all the head lights on the next road over and our road...it was a steady stream of lights  about an hour before day light...all going up hill on Saturday...why I was wondering

For what it is worth my local shop in southern Cayuga Cty has sold probably 150 in the last 2 years. Less than 10 have been to hunters not having their bow license. Several where older hunters with physical issues who had pretty much given up their compounds because they were no longer able to shot them enough to be comfortable with their proficiency.

Granted this is a 20 year old archery shop with a bowhunting focus. Customers going to a chain don't shop at a place like this much and the numbers there could easily be flip flopped. Wouldn't be surprised if it varied across the state as well. Just my little window.

Well, I would be one of them if I wasn't......How is that for an answer? I waited for years for them to open crossbow because I didn't feel like I could spend the time becoming proficient with a compound bow. 4 years ago I broke down and purchased a compound bow because I wanted to spend more time in the woods. I was surprised how quickly I was able to shoot it well and I have been hunting with it since. Now I am looking at maybe purchasing a crossbow. If the do full inclusion I will for sure but I don't know if I want to spend the money on a two week season when I can just use my compound....

Can't say that I will be using one anytime soon... maybe if there was snow on I might try and track a buck and kill it with crossbow... that might be fun. I can say that I have received quite a few crossbow success photos... and some decent bucks too. I think opening on Nov. 7th had an impact on the number of people getting out with a crossbow.