Age?

chas0218

Alright he had me stumped I saw his body from the stand but wasn't close enough to get a good look at his face but then I saw his trail cam and he had me second guessing. I told my dad either way we needed to let him walk he will be a nice up and comer. I saw a 1.5 year old 7 point with all sorts of junk around his brow tines this past weekend if he makes it the next few years he will be a nice looking deer. I talked with out neighbor that butts up to us and they are letting everything 120" or smaller walk so I guess in the 2 square miles between us and him we are doing our own management and hopefully it pays off.

Is the deer in the top picture suppose to be the same as the one you took last year?  Because the G3 on the RS does not match and neither does the main beam on his left side tip.  Those look like 2 different deer to me.  First one looks like a 2.5 second looks like a 3.5.  Do you have any better pics of the first deers rack?  Again I think they are not the same?

Is the deer in the top picture suppose to be the same as the one you took last year?  Because the G3 on the RS does not match and neither does the main beam on his left side tip.  Those look like 2 different deer to me.  First one looks like a 2.5 second looks like a 3.5.  Do you have any better pics of the first deers rack?  Again I think they are not the same?

No someone had mentioned 3.5 years old and the one I shot last year was 3.5 y.o. 

despite it's best to see a whole body broadsided photo.  the neck is not real thick, connects higher into the brisket, legs look pretty lengthy, etc.  don't forget by the time snow flies and us being in NY (northern deer) even a 2.5 year old can look bulky.  know what to look for and certain things will make a light go off.