2015 Mount Done...

WNY Bowhunter

The form is from Ohio taxidermy supply...semi sneak with a right turn. I went with right because that the pose he was in when I shot him. It also shows off my favorite feature of the rack, the forked g2 on the left antler. Gotta do some rearranging and put him on a different wall.

Also, congrats on your buck...the Avoca- Wheeler area produces some monsters. My buck also came from 8P.

Still needs some airbrushing in spots...

Was this meant as a compliment or a dig?

maybe both?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

no dig meant.  it just looked odd.  I'm not a taxidermist so didn't know if that was one of the touch up things left or even if it was just the way the photo was taken.  I've seen a lot of mounts up close both shop and average joe done.  I think it's one damn good job.  I'd put it on my wall without the touching it up.  just working toward perfection now.

That is a quality mount, let alone a first attempt, at mounting your own deer. Imagine you will have to get your future bucks early in the coming seasons also. Have the feeling you just started another business venture that will keep you very busy. Congrats,on the harvest of the deer and also on the quality of your initial attempt at mounting your harvest. Got a funny feeling you will be getting quite a few request from prospective paying customers.

The only way you can get fast, good and cheap taxidermy is to do it yourself.  Congrats on the nice buck and it looks like you scored on all three.   Almost any taxidermist out there can provide 2 of the 3.   I have always settled for slow, good and cheap or fast, good and expensive.  How is the meat from that one and how old do you think he was?  Did you age the meat prior to processing and freezing? 

The form is from Ohio taxidermy supply...semi sneak with a right turn. I went with right because that the pose he was in when I shot him. It also shows off my favorite feature of the rack, the forked g2 on the left antler. Gotta do some rearranging and put him on a different wall.

Also, congrats on your buck...the Avoca- Wheeler area produces some monsters. My buck also came from 8P.

8P my hunting grounds…..many big deer and some huge racks! 

• Like 1

That is a quality mount, let alone a first attempt, at mounting your own deer. Imagine you will have to get your future bucks early in the coming seasons also. Have the feeling you just started another business venture that will keep you very busy. Congrats,on the harvest of the deer and also on the quality of your initial attempt at mounting your harvest. Got a funny feeling you will be getting quite a few request from prospective paying customers.

I wouldn't mind doing a few a year. It was fun tearing the deer down and then recreating it.

The only way you can get fast, good and cheap taxidermy is to do it yourself.  Congrats on the nice buck and it looks like you scored on all three.   Almost any taxidermist out there can provide 2 of the 3.   I have always settled for slow, good and cheap or fast, good and expensive.  How is the meat from that one and how old do you think he was?  Did you age the meat prior to processing and freezing? 

I have no history with the buck as it was my first time hunting this property for deer. I would guess he was 4.5, I have his jaws still and may sent the incisors out to be aged. As for the meat, I quartered / boned out the meat and let it sit in the fridge for a few days. So far, it hasn't been too tough at all.

Thanks. And there are definitely some bruisers around the area!

I went with the left turn for the same reason basically, within the 30 seconds from me seeing him at first and shooting him, he looked at me with the semi sneek pose to the left.. so it was an easy choice.. plus it shows the brows off pretty well. 

• 1 month later...