Hunter's 1st Deer!

Skillet

Way to go I remember my sons first deer also a spike I believe he was 14 and was during gun season we got a head mount done and still to this day I see him smile almost every time he looks at that young buck and your right no hunt can ever replace the feeling you got that moment you new your son for his first deer...again congrats to the both of you

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

somehow I missed this thread.  congrats to your son!  good to hear the effort put in all summer payed off.  sounds like it was a learning experience too this season.  getting busted will make him a better hunter than having everything fall into place right away.  awesome.

I too missed this thread. What an awesome first deer for hunter! That smile says it all! He will kill more and bigger bucks, but none will ever be as special as the first one. Skillet, well done on the mentoring! Heartfelt congratulations to you both!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Fantastic getting your first Deer. It,s a good happy feeling when it happens. I,m a Senior hunter and I got my first deer Nov.11, 1958. A 6 point  Buck around 4:15 P.M.. I was on watch on a swamp really torn up runway. South Colton N,Y.. I had to tag the deer after I cleaned it up and hid the deer by dragging it into the brush.  I walked away from the  hiding place about 20 yrd,s and hung my red hanky up as a latter locader.

My friend,s hunted in the morning but decided to drink beer in Seaver,s bar in South Colton. When I drove back both of them were pretty well shit face. I drove back and we used flash light,s to find my deer.

When we dragged it out to the car, a Game Warden was waiting for us. He cked, the deer and said, nice deer guy,s. Rigger mortis was well set in.

Good luck on your next one.

• Like 3