Biz-R-OWorld 2015 NY Deer Season

BizCT

Thursday 11/26:

Hunted dark - 9am. Nice cold morning 26 degrees barely any wind.Saw a button buck at 730am. Too bad it wasn't a bigger buck would have been an easy shot. Saw him first at over 100yds and walked right by at 60yds in a valley and never saw me. I took a quick video on my iPhone here it is.

https://vimeo.com/147024246

Pic from before walking in the woods

post-871-14485505339196_thumb.jpg

Checked cams and only had does and fawns and this one spike last night

post-871-144855055913_thumb.jpg

I'll try again tomorrow afternoon or Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friday 11/27:

Hunted 1pm - dark. At 4pm I blew the bleat call and 3min later I saw a deer. Turned out to be a doe that milled around for 10 full minutes at 75yds, easy shot if I wanted. Oh well no bucks. I'm done for the weekend. I'll be back at it next Saturday morning.

11/28- 12/4: no hunting

As of now, plan is to leave around 2:30am tomorrow to head up to Catskills (3A) and hunt tomorrow dark-dark where my Dad got his 7pt in Ulster County. Will be nice to be carrying a rifle while hunting in NY for a change. I think i'll bring my Weatherby 7MM Mag tomorrow.

• Like 1

As of now, plan is to leave around 2:30am tomorrow to head up to Catskills (3A) and hunt tomorrow dark-dark where my Dad got his 7pt in Ulster County. Will be nice to be carrying a rifle while hunting in NY for a change. I think i'll bring my Weatherby 7MM Mag tomorrow.

Make sure you hit him in the rear end, or else there won't be anything left to cape out.

Good luck!

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 1

if you were going sunday id say id take a ride but good luck, the wife wants to cut a christmas tree tomorrow so might be able to squeeze in an afternooner in north salem and hit carmel all day sunday

Edited by bisceglia
  • Like 2

Saturday 12/5:

Left at 230am. Went to Catskills, 3A in Ulster County where my dad got his buck. Hunted dark to dark and saw 0 deer, 1 grouse. Of course saw 15-20 deer within the first 1-2 miles leaving. Just got home, exhausted running on 2-3 hours of sleep. Oh well, I might be done for the year. Few pics from today. It was mid 20s in the mountains and low wind. Nice little snow covering.

post-871-14493681901075_thumb.jpg

post-871-14493682054488_thumb.jpg

post-871-14493682161721_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

anyone have any experience with pochuck or monguap state forests, im looking to do a 1 day this weekend before rifle wraps up with hopes of bear or a buck.  with the warm weather not going anywhere id rather put some miles on the boots and not waste my time stuck in a tree for hours on end.  anyone have any info or any other ideas were i could go?

• Like 1

I give you credit for sitting dark to dark after the guns go off. I could never do it at this time of the year, but have received cell cam photos making me wish I had. lol

When you drive over two hours to get to a spot to hunt, I'm not going to walk over 2 miles round-trip just to sit in the car during lunch lol.

• Like 2

Makes sense. Hunting local has made me lazy I guess.

Even when I hunt local about 6 miles away, I just stay all day if I am going to hunt the morning and afternoon anyway. I'd be bored sitting home waiting a few hours just to get dressed and do it all again.

Wednesday, 12/16: While I was at work, my dad hunted dark to dark with xbow and saw 2 big does around 4pm. He said they stunk.

No hunting for him tomorrow or Friday.

We will be out there hunting Saturday together.

They smelled bad? Not sure what that is about.Anyways,best of luck to you and your Dad for this weekends hunt! Way to hang in there!

Yea they stunk my Dad said. They were about 50 yards from him, wind blowing from them to him. Both big does. You know that smell when you know a deer is nearby. It was like that but much worse he said.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

Saturday 12/19: my dad and I hunted dark to dark in heavy winds but no deer seen. I'm done for the year. My dad may hunt Monday and/or Tuesday.

I checked the cams and as of early December a nice 6pt was still alive. I got pics of him in 2 different spots on 12/1. Then I believe he broke off part of 1 side of his rack because on 12/3 it appears it's snapped off after 5-6" of main beam. This is odd for this section of woods we hunt. We've been hunting this property since 1993 and never seen a busted up rack like this. Wonder if it was a fight or something else. Hopefully he's still alive and will be nicer next year.

post-871-14505727425988_thumb.jpg

post-871-14505727542229_thumb.jpg

post-871-14505727623332_thumb.jpg

post-871-1450572769392_thumb.jpg

post-871-14505727761534_thumb.jpg

• Like 1