Can't believe...

nyantler

I take lots of pics of the deer I shoot. Some I share and some I dont. I have everything from the typical 'hero shots' to 'buck in the truck' to pics with gut piles in them. I dont worry about other peoples pics though, whatever floats their boat.

Same here;

But in the end the ones I like the best (and anyone else that has seen them), are the ones where a little more time and care was put into getting a nice pic.

Never regretted taking good pics, wish I had a few opportunities back though.....

• Like 3

I don't share many pictures of the deer I kill, except with family or close hunting friends.  Never felt the need to brag or boost my ego. It's just a personal thing with me. I do enjoy seeing pictures of other hunters deer though. The picture in my mind, of the deer just before the shot, can never be duplicated.

• Like 3

i agree with grow, when hunting alone its hard to get the good pics we all dream of. but that's usually how it goes... 

social media will only get my cleaner photos now that I have "matured" some.. ha 

the murder scene photos will stay with my cell phone and friends haha 

• Like 1

Now my deer havest photos have to be politically correct? Get outta here... I'll take one in the moment. Photos are nice but to me, a photo cant capture the moments about the hunt, harvest, or the people you share those moments with. The biggest deer ive ever shot, the best part about that was seeing my dads face when he met me at the house. Ill take those over the "pretty" picture.

• Like 3

Now my deer havest photos have to be politically correct? Get outta here... I'll take one in the moment. Photos are nice but to me, a photo cant capture the moments about the hunt, harvest, or the people you share those moments with. The biggest deer ive ever shot, the best part about that was seeing my dads face when he met me at the house. Ill take those over the "pretty" picture.

Maybe not politically correct. Maybe we call it "cognizant of the image you portray to the public in an era where fewer and fewer people support what we do."

For some the pictures will never capture the memory.  Not everyone lugs a camera into the woods or has time for a "good shot" lol.  And most are just happy at the bounty.  One thing is for sure if you can capture it on film good it will be remembered like that by all who where not at the hunt. 

LOL ... There are a lot of "I don't share my deer pics" that have posted a lot of their deer pics... and the " Have some respect for the animal" types that post pics that don't portray that respect that they demand from others... taking good pics is not for everyone... this was just an article to help those that would like to take better pics but need some guidance... the rest of you can carry on... your deer.. your pics... your choice of how to take them. This wasn't meant to start a pissing match over who thinks taking photos is important or not. All pictures capture memories, maybe not the greatest part of the whole memory, but a part of it just the same.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...