Quad riders

fearthebeard

I don't think it bothers them anymore then a car or truck does. I have been riding and had deer just stand there looking at me within 20 yards, tail down and chewing on food. Same way many of us have been driving down a road, stopped and were able to get a pic of the deer just staring back at us.

So I have a interesting opening day issue.... One of our family members a partner in the property who does not hunt just said he is coming up with some friends on Saturday to go riding..... The trails go through or woods and a un posted piece of town land that us and all the locals hunt..... I tried to tell him that riding there on opening day is a really bad idea but he does not want to listen.... I hope he smartnes up as it is like Feluja there opening day

So I have a interesting opening day issue.... One of our family members a partner in the property who does not hunt just said he is coming up with some friends on Saturday to go riding..... The trails go through or woods and a un posted piece of town land that us and all the locals hunt..... I tried to tell him that riding there on opening day is a really bad idea but he does not want to listen.... I hope he smartnes up as it is like Feluja there opening day

Sounds like he has crossed over from non-hunter to anti-hunter. It is one thing to have a lone ATV motor past, but a whole damned gang of them ripping around through the woods is not going to enhance the hunting. Maybe it will get the deer moving a bit, or it might just send them right out of your hunting area. Of course he has a right to ride on his own property, but knowing there are people trying to hunt there certainly makes his choice of days a bit on the unfriendly side.

• Like 1

It depends how they are being ridden buzzing by on a trail or putting along looking, personally I hate them and do not allow them on my property at all , (even to retrieve a deer ) I ll use a tractor , it's used all the time around the property for maintenance.

Family...fun at times aren't they...Lol.....perhaps this is just all talk to rile you guys before season....

You know, now that you mention it, it really does sound like a bit of ball-bustin'. I could really picture that ..... ha-ha-ha.

• Like 1

This is certainly by design. Would be a shame is someone snipped the top of his valve stems off with side cutters. Been know to happen. lol

One of my stands is a couple hundred yards off the railroad tracks. I figured the deer are more than used to the train that goes by a couple of times a day but I used to always get mad when I could hear the 4 wheelers ripping around and the guys hooting and yelling. Not really so much at them, just that I figured I wasn't going to see a thing. Well I had 5 doe all feeding around me earlier this season and I could hear the 4 wheelers coming. One of them extremely loud. They didn't even look up from the feeding they were doing. Seeing that made me feel really good about my chances when I hear them. They must get used to them just like they do the train...

We ride ATVs on our property all year. The deer stop and watch most of the time. Rarely do they spook. We've even stopped to look at them and they stay there as long as the motor is running. If you stop and shut the engine, then they run...it's funny to watch sometimes. As if once the motor is off we've changed into some kind of weird creature that will harm them.

Well my family member who was going to ride texted me... And said he canceled his plans with his friends. He didn't realize it was opening day.. He is going to reschedule...... I told him that was smart not because I didn't want him to ruin my hunt but because our woods are like a war zone that weekend