Maybe

G-Man

How about this! Give the bow hunters oct 15- nov 15. A wk for youth season after that and get it out of the bow hunting. After the youth season a wk of Xbow and muzzle. Then a 3 wk gun season. 1 buck per yr. and put an antler restriction on everything but youth season. There done! Let's vote on that! Everybody gets a season and ny will have big bucks in a few yrs.

I would rather see a bow, then muzzleloader, then regular season. It makes more sense to me to have the more traditional equipment used first then the more modern or more limited gear to less limited. And then you can include the crossbow everyone thinks is a bow and arrow in the muzzleloader season seeing how they are both the bastard children of the "sport".

On a completely unrelated note, I KNEW I'd seen you somewhere! LoL.

post-1188-0-18706900-1448034947.jpg

post-1188-0-75161800-1448034958.gif

• Like 2

How 'bout THIS...............................If your birthday year ends in an odd number you only hunt odd number years.  Conversely, a birthday year the is even gives you the PRIVILEGE to hunt even years.

Sounds like a winner.

Start editing the next years syllabus..................... :)  

To me antler restrictions really don't accomplish much.  NY can grow the same bucks that these other states do (Ohio, Illy ect) The reason we don't is because of the length of our RIFLE season! It's simple, look at the regs of states that grow big deer and it speaks for itself! The problem is everyone still has the old school mentality in NY and you aren't going to change it anytime soon.  Most guys don't care about antlers they just want to KILL.  I am not even to say it's about the meat because I see way to many guys that just can't let a deer walk regardless of what it is and they will donate the meat! I wish we would change the laws and grow bigger bucks but I am doubtful it will ever happen.

• Like 2

I prefer to call it willful stupidity. And of course gun hunters who don't bow hunt hate the thoughts of bucks being taken before they get to storm the woods

Not at all everyone gets their do Im not saying to shorten bow season this guy wants to shorten gun season and just so everyone know I use an open sight 30-30 an almost every deer I've harvested has been within 30 yards ...

To me antler restrictions really don't accomplish much. NY can grow the same bucks that these other states do (Ohio, Illy ect) The reason we don't is because of the length of our RIFLE season! It's simple, look at the regs of states that grow big deer and it speaks for itself! The problem is everyone still has the old school mentality in NY and you aren't going to change it anytime soon. Most guys don't care about antlers they just want to KILL. I am not even to say it's about the meat because I see way to many guys that just can't let a deer walk regardless of what it is and they will donate the meat! I wish we would change the laws and grow bigger bucks but I am doubtful it will ever happen.

I love venison, so do my kids so I'm not one who kills for the fun of it. I actually prefer not watching them die. I like when the run off and I don't get to see that part. I also let tons of small deer go every bow season. And they just get killed durning gun season. I think an antler restriction would help! They wouldn't be allowed to kill the small bucks. And I'm not saying there aren't monsters out there because if u hunt hard and put ur Time in u will find them!

To me antler restrictions really don't accomplish much.  NY can grow the same bucks that these other states do (Ohio, Illy ect) The reason we don't is because of the length of our RIFLE season! It's simple, look at the regs of states that grow big deer and it speaks for itself! The problem is everyone still has the old school mentality in NY and you aren't going to change it anytime soon.  Most guys don't care about antlers they just want to KILL.  I am not even to say it's about the meat because I see way to many guys that just can't let a deer walk regardless of what it is and they will donate the meat! I wish we would change the laws and grow bigger bucks but I am doubtful it will ever happen.

You are partially correct in that statement. Not all areas of NY are capable of growing deer that are the average in the midwest. There are many more factors than just the length of gun season that play into it.

I love venison, so do my kids so I'm not one who kills for the fun of it. I actually prefer not watching them die. I like when the run off and I don't get to see that part. I also let tons of small deer go every bow season. And they just get killed durning gun season. I think an antler restriction would help! They wouldn't be allowed to kill the small bucks. And I'm not saying there aren't monsters out there because if u hunt hard and put ur Time in u will find them!

How is killing a 1 1/2 year old spike any different than killing a 1 1/2 year old 6 point?

• Like 1

Agreed. I think the AR should be just simply year and a half in general, I know that would never work, but let's face it, only the morons going out the next few weeks dont know what a year and a half is

Thats a pretty big brush you paint with.

Guys like you are the reason theres so much infighting in this sport.

• Like 3

Awe u guys are a bunch of jokers! Look up pa. They put there antler restriction in 2002 and have been shooting bigger bucks since. Just do the research.

Care to answer my question?

And I could show you plenty of other places that consistently produce big bucks without any ARs. Including places in NY.

Calling people jokers when you have no idea who they are or what they know is a pretty ignorant thing to do.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but it's the truth. I love to hunt and have much respect for the game. I'm not thinking about myself or anyone else here, only the deer. They don't deserve to die at 1 1/2, let the damn thing grow and mature a bit. I don't stand for sloppy hunters either. Went pushing late MZ season a long time back with a group of guys. Dude ends up shooting a young buck and wounding. Doesn't go down right away, so the guy says well I must not of got him and goes back in for lunch and heads out for more deer drives. Me and a couple of my buddies went out looking for the deer, didn't participate in any more deer drives, and finally finished it off before last shooting light. I told the guy your a disgrace to hunting and never hunted with them guys again. Last year, 3 of our 1 year Olds were wounded by the end of season. 3. Sorry but I don't like what kind of hunters this brings to the table with this season. Nothing will ever change my opinion on it without different regulations

• Like 1