Maybe

G-Man

I'm sorry but it's the truth. I love to hunt and have much respect for the game. I'm not thinking about myself or anyone else here, only the deer. They don't deserve to die at 1 1/2, let the damn thing grow and mature a bit. I don't stand for sloppy hunters either. Went pushing late MZ season a long time back with a group of guys. Dude ends up shooting a young buck and wounding. Doesn't go down right away, so the guy says well I must not of got him and goes back in for lunch and heads out for more deer drives. Me and a couple of my buddies went out looking for the deer, didn't participate in any more deer drives, and finally finished it off before last shooting light. I told the guy your a disgrace to hunting and never hunted with them guys again. Last year, 3 of our 1 year Olds were wounded by the end of season. 3. Sorry but I don't like what kind of hunters this brings to the table with this season. Nothing will ever change my opinion on it without different regulations

First, they arent your deer. Second, deserve to die? Sounds like something PETA would say, and makes no sense. Third, what does any of that have to do with ARs?

Agreed. But I'm sure the enforcer of the AR will agree with me if I shoot a 3 year old 4 point. The AR is designed to let deer mature, so that would be a loophole

So ARs are fine to force down everyones throat up until the point where you think the deer is 3 and shoot it regardless of the rules.

Gotcha. I think I know all that I need to now.

• Like 1

Just saying an example. But let's not do anything NY. Either way rifle season opens up tomorrow and it's still gunna be just the same **** differt year. Cheers

Same *stuff* different year? Do you mean thousands of hunters will take to the woods and enjoy time with their families and friends making memories that they will have for the rest of their lives and yes, shooting deer that they are happy with?

• Like 1

I was being sarcastic, Pickle. Thanks for recognizing it. The point being that growing big, mature deer may be "more fun" in your eyes, but not everyone's goals are the same. Why should we tell someone else that they have to change their hunting experience in an effort to accommodate your goals?

• Like 1

Yes when you manage property you do make the mistake of saying "your deer" big whoop. They don't deserve to be harvested at that young of an age. Let em mature. It's way more fun. Third, letting the young ones walk has everything to do with AR

We manage our property, they arent our deer. Saying a deer doesnt deserve to die is ridiculous, doesnt matter what age range you are talking about. ARs have to do with number of points, which doesnt have much to do with age. Wanna see lots of pics of 1 1/2 year old 6 and 8 point bucks from my trail cams? Id be glad to share.

• Like 1

Just to be clear, Pickle, are you saying 1.5 and up would be shooters? Or would 1.5 be protected under your system? The reason I ask is because most 1.5 year olds I see are spikes and forks. If you mean the former, the button bucks--the only class of bucks protected under your plan as I understand it--would still be taken on DMPs. I don't see the point of that.

I'm not picking on you. I'm just trying to understand your position. I don't support ARs. I understand people who do. They're just trying to do what they think is necessary to take the sport in the direction they'd like to see it go. But for me personally, my wife's grandfather is 85 and this is most likely his last season. I couldn't imagine denying him the ability to shoot a 4 point deer and smile from ear to ear one last time just because I want to shoot bigger bucks. That's how I see it.

• Like 4