Disappointed in core lokts......

zeus1gdsm

So I shot express corelokts last year.blunt /round tip with the lead. I got them sighted into 1moa. They shot amazing when I did my part.

Long story short. I couldn't seem to find them this year. So I got the spire points figuring they would be close and maybe I'd need to adjust my scope a little.

Boy was I wrong... They are shooting all over from a rested position......

I was able to get them into a 5inch group. But no where close to those roundnose I had last year....

I either got a good batch of the round nose or a bad batch of these spire points.... Either way I'm looking for a recommendation of a new higher quality round that comes in a rounded nose.

I'd like to step up in price a bit but I don't need match or high end.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Edited by zeus1gdsm

Are they the same weight ? Bullet weight usually makes more difference than bullet form , such as round nose verses spitzer or pointed..

As an example, a certain rifle may group 180 grain bullets very well, but spray 150 grain bullets all over the target..

• Like 1

I too have owned a lot of rifles and some don't seem to care what they're fed others however... I have a CDL in '06 that you can hardly keep on a pieplate with any bullets under 180 grains, put a 180 federal soft point in the tube and its a 1" gun. Hard to believe but I can assure you some are that picky...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I too have owned a lot of rifles and some don't seem to care what they're fed others however... I have a CDL in '06 that you can hardly keep on a pieplate with any bullets under 180 grains, put a 180 federal soft point in the tube and its a 1" gun. Hard to believe but I can assure you some are that picky...

Your saying it won't hold a 10" group at 100yards?

Your saying it won't hold a 10" group at 100yards?

That's exactly what I'm telling you. I almost pawned it cheap figuring something was wrong with it. Tried 2 scopes, new rings, torquing the action screws... I have never seen a gun not like a bullet weight that much and I've shot and owned more than I can remember. I even went back and tried some 165's... Nope, not even a group, more like a spread.

That's exactly what I'm telling you. I almost pawned it cheap figuring something was wrong with it. Tried 2 scopes, new rings, torquing the action screws... I have never seen a gun not like a bullet weight that much and I've shot and owned more than I can remember. I even went back and tried some 165's... Nope, not even a group, more like a spread.

What is the twist on the barrel?

What is the twist on the barrel?

Don't quote me on it but if I remember right it was like a 1 in 10...?

it may both weight and bullet shape. if the gun has a long throat.. ( distance between the bullet and the groves) the heavier round nose will be closers to engaging the lands which normally makes a tighter group. the spire may be shorter plus the shape of the bullets makes it a longer distance to the lands. nothing wrong with the gun you just have to choose ammo accordingly.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk