Who's wife listens to their deer stories....

ApexerER

I basically have to make my wife listen to my deer stories. I go over every detail no different than if I was telling one of my hunting buddies. I shot my best deer ever on Saturday and I started telling my wife. She said I have already heard it 10 times while you were telling it to everyone you called. To bad, you are going to hear it anyway...she rolls her eyes and listens...lol

Do any of you guys have wives/significant others that look forward to your hunting stories?

• Like 1

My wife sat out this season because she is 5 months pregnant so I gave her a quick call sat morn after I dropped a doe...while chatting i told her wait a second I think I see a buck....put the phone down and dropped him at 100 plus yards while see was listening on the open line....she said she was so pumped and felt like she was there there the whole morning in the stand.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I told my wife a few stories, she said "oh, too much detail".., How does a passionate hunter leave out this crucial detail? I can't. Well couple years ago I got a nice deer. I was back home showered, and headed to dinner at my parents. Group of 10 people said hey tell me the story of your harvest. As I'm about to, my wife interrupts and says, "I didn't know you got one, why wouldn't you tell me?" I quickly respond, you don't listen when I try, I give you too many details. She responded, "you're an a$$hole." Bottom line, I tell the stories to the people who get goosebumps. If you don't, well, that's your loss!

Edited by Taylormike
  • Like 3